• Show
Clear All

boltfixture1.pngboltfixture2.png

what about something like this?

Comment

• AndersI
      AndersI commented
      Editing a comment
      The left one doesn't look like it could be stable enough?

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      The bottom one looks promising. I'd just need to make one for each size that we do.

• acgarcia
      acgarcia commented
      Editing a comment
      Can I ask, what part of the this bolt are you inspecting?

I have 2 3d printers that were purchased for CMM fixturing. It works really well and was so well received by the higher ups they purchased five more for five of our other sites. I mainly use PET-G for printing as it has the rigidity of ABS but prints easy like PLA and it holds its accuracy pretty well. I am currently printing a fixture as I type this. I have an Ultimaker 2+ and a Gmax 1.5. Rarely use my R&R fixture kits anymore.

Comment

• thomas pilc
      thomas pilc commented
      Editing a comment
      agree for the price of a complete r and r fixture set you can get a nice 3d printer

Originally posted by chrisryn View Post
    I have 2 3d printers that were purchased for CMM fixturing. It works really well and was so well received by the higher ups they purchased five more for five of our other sites. I mainly use PET-G for printing as it has the rigidity of ABS but prints easy like PLA and it holds its accuracy pretty well. I am currently printing a fixture as I type this. I have an Ultimaker 2+ and a Gmax 1.5. Rarely use my R&R fixture kits anymore.
    I have 4 Creality Ender 3's that I use for a side business at home and they run incredibly well and cost only $160. I'm waiting for a part that requires something beyond a basic fixture.
    "Do what I want you to do, not what I tell you to do."

-Me

Comment

I want to hop on the 3D printer band wagon. I'll be picking up a used Kossel Mini 3D printer for just a little over $100. If it works out I'll invest in something more better-er.
      PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
      Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• Kp61dude!
        Kp61dude! commented
        Editing a comment
        Well ratsss!!!!

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry bout that.

• Kp61dude!
        Kp61dude! commented
        Editing a comment
        Gonna take a look at the Ender 3, thanks.

The Prusa line seems to be the dogs bollocks. Markforged feels top notch as well, but expensive...
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP5

Comment

The Creality 3d CR-10 S5 is almost identical to my Gmax 1.5+ but with better reviews. It has a 500mmx500mmx500mm print volume gets better reviews than the gmax which was close to 6k for 719.00. I know that is alot for some but what you get for that 719 compared to what I got for 6k you cant beat it. It will be what I buy for my personal printer at home. Creality has really good printers. Prusa's are good but you can find better for cheaper or more options for slightly more. If you are really on a budget the wanhoa line is really good which is what I had at home for a long time before I sold it to a friend so I could save up ang get the CR-10 S5

Comment

i went with the dremel 3d45 and im glad i did it has RFID tag filament you can buy right from amazon and the profiles are pre leaded for their own filament as well it has Ethernet as well as WiFi and a camera it can run a cura witch is what i use at home for a home printer i would get something else but for work this thing just works not meany failed prints and there eco abs ( hitemp pla) is so nice to work with.

Comment

• thomas pilc
            thomas pilc commented
            Editing a comment
            dont get me wrong the markforge was my first pick though lol

I have all kind of stuff I've printed and use on a daily basis at work.
          its really nice being able to model up and print things tailored to your specific needs.
          i stick with PLA
          its quick cheap and easy.

Comment

• ChairsWithWheels
            ChairsWithWheels commented
            Editing a comment
            What kind of printer do you have if you don't mind me asking?