• Show
Clear All

boltfixture1.pngboltfixture2.png

what about something like this?

Comment

• AndersI
      AndersI commented
      Editing a comment
      The left one doesn't look like it could be stable enough?

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      The bottom one looks promising. I'd just need to make one for each size that we do.

• acgarcia
      acgarcia commented
      Editing a comment
      Can I ask, what part of the this bolt are you inspecting?

I have 2 3d printers that were purchased for CMM fixturing. It works really well and was so well received by the higher ups they purchased five more for five of our other sites. I mainly use PET-G for printing as it has the rigidity of ABS but prints easy like PLA and it holds its accuracy pretty well. I am currently printing a fixture as I type this. I have an Ultimaker 2+ and a Gmax 1.5. Rarely use my R&R fixture kits anymore.

Comment

• thomas pilc
      thomas pilc commented
      Editing a comment
      agree for the price of a complete r and r fixture set you can get a nice 3d printer

Originally posted by chrisryn View Post
    I have 2 3d printers that were purchased for CMM fixturing. It works really well and was so well received by the higher ups they purchased five more for five of our other sites. I mainly use PET-G for printing as it has the rigidity of ABS but prints easy like PLA and it holds its accuracy pretty well. I am currently printing a fixture as I type this. I have an Ultimaker 2+ and a Gmax 1.5. Rarely use my R&R fixture kits anymore.
    I have 4 Creality Ender 3's that I use for a side business at home and they run incredibly well and cost only $160. I'm waiting for a part that requires something beyond a basic fixture.
    MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!

Comment

I want to hop on the 3D printer band wagon. I'll be picking up a used Kossel Mini 3D printer for just a little over $100. If it works out I'll invest in something more better-er.
      PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
      Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        Take a look and the Ender 3 as well. They are my workhorses at home and cheap too. I have a friend around here that gets Amazon returns, assembles them, refurbs them (if needed, most are new and people found out that they are over their heads), does a few test prints, then sells them for $20 less than a new one.

• Kp61dude!
        Kp61dude! commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Post a link to your buds amozon store if he doesn't mind.

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        No Amazon store. He sells locally.

The Prusa line seems to be the dogs bollocks. Markforged feels top notch as well, but expensive...
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP2

Comment