Turn off CAD graphs programatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off CAD graphs programatically

UPDATE: I've added the SWITCH variable as it was displaying the dimension result twice.

This is one of those really niche tips that might help out one maybe two people but I thought it was quite cool. When using the CAD graphs for surface profiles it has always bugged me that they stay active resulting in a messy report after several dimensions. I have found a way to capture the CADGRAPH, display it on the report and then turn it off again afterwards before displaying the next feature

Code:
    [COLOR=#EE82EE]ASSIGN/COUNT=0[/COLOR]
    SCN1START      =LABEL/
    [COLOR=#EE82EE]IF/COUNT==0
                      ASSIGN/[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#FF0000]TOGGLE[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#EE82EE]="BOTH"
                      ASSIGN/[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#008000]SWITCH[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#EE82EE]="BOTH"
                    END_IF/[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000FF]    IF/COUNT==1
                      ASSIGN/[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#FF0000]TOGGLE[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#0000FF]="OFF"[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000CD]ASSIGN/[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#008000]SWITCH[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#0000FF]="NONE"
                    END_IF/[/COLOR]

SCN1           =FEAT/SET,CARTESIAN
                    THEO/<21.723,21.584,2.446>,<0,0,1>
                    ACTL/<21.677,21.586,2.247>,<0,0,1>
                    CONSTR/SET,BASIC,P8--(1),P9--(1),P10--(1),P11--(1),P12--(1),P13--(1),,

FCFPROF1 =SURFACE PROFILE : SCN1
                    FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES
                    CADGRAPH=[B][SIZE=14px][COLOR=#FF0000]TOGGLE[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B],REPORTGRAPH=OFF,TEXT=OFF,MULT=10.00,ARROWDENSITY=100,OUTPUT=[SIZE=14px][B][COLOR=#008000]SWITCH[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE],UNITS=MM
                    COMPOSITE=NO,
                    CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO
                    STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5
                      PRIMARY DIMENSION/PROFILE OF SURFACE,1,UNEQUAL TOLERANCE ZONE,0.7,A1,<dat>,<dat>
                      NOTE/FCFPROF1
                    FEATURES/SCN1,,
                    COMMENT/REPT,

SCNVIEW1       =VIEWSET/
                    RECALL/VIEWSET,SCNVIEW1
    [COLOR=#EE82EE]IF/COUNT==0
                      DISPLAY/METAFILE, "", TO FIT, GOOD
                    END_IF/[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0000FF]IF/COUNT==0
                      ASSIGN/COUNT=COUNT+1
                    GOTO/SCN1START
                  END_IF/[/COLOR]
    This allows you to use CADGRAPH and end up with a clean and crisp report that only shows one profile on each screen capture.

Warning: I use this in a program that has 84 surface profile callouts, while it works perfectly it does dramatically increase saving and loading time.
    Last edited by JackMido; 10-04-2018, 07:02 AM.
    Clearance is clearance.

Can't you just use the (reportgraph) and not create a viewset to do the same thing? That is what I do and it gives me one profile for each output. But the code looks pretty cool.
    Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

I'll be honest, other than at my training I have never used reportgraph (we used to use legacy a lot so analysis view was our go to), AFAIK reportgraph doesn't show the CAD model? I'm basically doing this to have an overlay on the cad so even "morons/" engineers/customers can understand the results.
      Clearance is clearance.

Comment

That might be a better way having the CAD there.
        Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

I thought this was a clever workaround.
          Here is the code re-posted with the formatting fixed.

ASSIGN/COUNT=0
          SCN1START =LABEL/
          IF/COUNT==0
          ASSIGN/
          TOGGLE="BOTH"
          ASSIGN/
          SWITCH="BOTH"
          END_IF/

IF/COUNT==1 ASSIGN/TOGGLE="OFF"
          ASSIGN/SWITCH="NONE"
          END_IF/

SCN1 =FEAT/SET,CARTESIAN
          THEO/<21.723,21.584,2.446>,<0,0,1>
          ACTL/<21.677,21.586,2.247>,<0,0,1>
          CONSTR/SET,BASIC,P8--(1),P9--(1),P10--(1),P11--(1),P12--(1),P13--(1),,

FCFPROF1 =SURFACE PROFILE : SCN1 FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES CADGRAPH=TOGGLE,REPORTGRAPH=OFF,TEXT=OFF,MULT=10.00,ARROWDENSITY= 100,OUTPUT=SWITCH,UNITS=MM COMPOSITE=NO, CUSTOMIZED DRF=NO STANDARDTYPE=ASME_Y14_5 PRIMARY DIMENSION/PROFILE OF SURFACE,1,UNEQUAL TOLERANCE ZONE,0.7,A1,<dat>,<dat> NOTE/FCFPROF1 FEATURES/SCN1,, COMMENT/REPT,

SCNVIEW1 =VIEWSET/
          RECALL/VIEWSET,SCNVIEW1
          IF/COUNT==0 DISPLAY/METAFILE, "", TO FIT, GOOD END_IF/
          IF/COUNT==0 ASSIGN/COUNT=COUNT+1 GOTO/SCN1START END_IF/

Comment

3D pdf's were supposed to solve some of this, but they have enough bugs of their own.. this is pretty cool stuff.
            sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
            "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment