Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSV to XLSX

Hey

I'm looking for something on the forum for ripping to an exel file.
    and this works well but I can not get it as an xlsx file.

I have a exel file where only nominal sizes want to append on a exel location

in the yellow boxes.

Attached Files
    Last edited by M1chaelx; 08-28-2018, 07:12 AM.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Your title says "CSV to XLSX" - that's as easy as "import CSV in Excel, save as XLSX". But the rest of your post doesn't seem to mean that.

If you mean what I think you mean - you want to import only the measured values into an existing worksheet - the easiest way [I know of] is to write an Excel macro that fetches all measured values from PC-DMIS and puts them in the right place. No PC-DMIS involved (except for having the values you want to fetch).
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

yes I want to get dimensions in xlsx but I can not. but only in csv

and it has to be put into an existing exel file and a special place it is for a final control report

Comment

PC-DMIS can export to xlsx if Excel is available on the PC-DMIS computer, but not to pre-determined positions in an existing sheet, so not really helpful anyway.

So, you have to export to csv from PC-DMIS, open your xlsx master in Excel, open the csv in Excel, transfer the numbers from the csv sheet to the correct positions in the master sheet. If you record a macro while doing all those transfers, you can later repeat the same thing by just running the macro.

Or, you could write a PC-DMIS Basic script that controls Excel, opens the master, reads the labels in the master one by one and locates the corresponding dimension in PC-DMIS, outputting the value to the current row in the Excel sheet. I have never done anything like that, so I don't know how difficult it could be...
        Last edited by AndersI; 08-28-2018, 09:25 AM.
        AndersI

Comment

but I do have another idea, if I open the values ​​in another sheet of exl I can then send them to the good sheet and postision I do not know if you can help me how I get files only in xlsx

Comment

Which version of PC-DMIS? At least in 2016 (I don't have anything older) and later, you have it under File -> Printing -> Report Window Setup..., the Excel tab (see picture).

But I don't understand why CSV would be a problem? The same Excel that opens your xlsx can open a csv in another worksheet??

xlsx.PNG
            AndersI

Comment

I do not use that I just want to have specific measurements on exel.
              so I do it with i / o comando and that does not work with xlsx

Comment

Originally posted by M1chaelx View Post
                I do not use that I just want to have specific measurements on exel.
                so I do it with i / o comando and that does not work with xlsx
                Then you have to do it as outlined above - have a master xlsx, open that in Excel, open your csv in Excel, run an Excel macro that moves the values from the csv worksheet to the xlsx worksheet.

or

Skip the I/O in your pp:s, in your xlsx master you write an Excel macro that explicitly grabs the correct values from PC-DMIS and puts them in the right place. I have an Excel workbook doing something like that, but as it is a product we (Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB, Sweden) sell, I can't give out too much coding details... This one needs the operator to click the Read button in Excel after each part is run.

ExcelReport.PNG
                Last edited by AndersI; 08-29-2018, 04:46 AM.
                AndersI

Comment

• Kp61dude!
                  Kp61dude! commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice and Neat! As always you can expect quality stuff from AndersI

Here is link that might be useful in your endeavors.
                https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...-to-a-csv-file

Comment