Machine fails to initialize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sealevel View Post
    Hey Jack, sorry for the delay. Here are the file names that were CRITICAL to getting our Optive running again after replacing our old Win 7 computer with a new one w/same O/S.
    It should be noted that ours is a Performance 443 Dual Z with CWS (white light sensor)
    Here they are:

kmess.ini
    PwrBoard.ini
    ZOOM.INI

CWS.INI (if you have chromatic white light sensor)

VPU.INI
    cnc.ini

the ones bold/in red am sure that those are critical. The others may or may not be there.
    All files should be found in the C:\Windows directory.
    Good luck!

This is fantastic, thank you very much and no worries about the delay, we all have to work . I'll let you know how we get on once we get access to the directory or have reverted to the back up to retrieve them.
    Last edited by Jacknm2; 10-08-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Well more fun and games with our external IT company, they want confirmation from Hexagon that these are the files that are missing..... before they do anything.

Is it just in the C:\Windows folder? or is there any other file path they could be located in?

They have said that they have looked in the windows.old directory and cannot find any of the files mentioned by sealevel, so they want to see "the email from hexagon stating these files are missing" which of course I cannot do nor can I confirm the files are missing as this was only an attempt to fix the issue.

They're a bit of a joke company, will ring hexagon support on Monday and just go from there I suppose.
      Last edited by Jacknm2; 10-11-2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Each of the different vision system machines are different. Is this a 321? I Just updated a 321 where the CNC board wasn't compatible with W10.
        Systems Integrator
        Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

It's an Optiv Classic 443, I'm currently out of work now for the weekend, same for the boss man haha. Won't be touching any of this until monday now, IT company being painfully difficult with us as well which doesn't help matters.

Comment

Okay the 443 doesn't have a CNC board it's an embedded controller. But yea you should have at least 3 of the 4 ini files if not all 4 of the ones that SeaLevel listed and they should be in C:\Windows.
            Systems Integrator
            Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by Jacknm2 View Post
              Well more fun and games with our external IT company, they want confirmation from Hexagon that these are the files that are missing..... before they do anything........
              ......They're a bit of a joke company, will ring hexagon support on Monday and just go from there I suppose.
              I feel your pain.
              Vendor IT 'departments' and even most INTERNAL IT departments love to ride herd over anything and everything. We all understand they must keep the network secure.
              But..... they know next to nothing of what the Demon (Calypso as well) needs as far as admin rights, access, settings...etc.....kinda like they just don't want you coming into their cockpit....

Keep trying Jack!
              Obviously Peter knows his Optiv ****!!! Another one who knows is Doug Sjogren up in Rhode Island. Doug spent 3 days & many hours on remote access via teamview trouble shooting our Optiv.
              I can't say enough glorious words about him as a tech guru and really nice guy too.

The Optiv is a real tease. It promises to do wonders in the world of metrology. I think ours is just not there yet, but we keep trying.
              Optiv is best described as a very mysterious machine from the Black Forest of Germany.....

Comment