Camera zoom responding slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera zoom responding slowly

Since Friday something has happened to our optiv classic that makes the camera change zoom very slowly.
    Rebooted PC and controller, but no change.
    Any ideas about a setting I could have inadvertently changed when writing a new routine?

Here is what I found in the help file that may be associated with that:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ProbeQualVisionOpticsCalFocusLatencyFraction

Provides the optical zoom fraction at which the focus latency calibration will be executed. 0 is the maximum magnification and 1 is the minimum magnification.

Entry Name: ProbeQualVisionOpticsCalFocusLatencyFraction

Entry Type: Real Number specifying optical zoom fraction. The default is 0.5.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, if that is set correctly, maybe try recalibrating your illumination and optics. Otherwise, maybe your camera's zoom cell is going out. Than that would be a Hexagon technician coming in to replace that.

Comment

BKulpa Any luck on this?

Comment

I tried recalibrating optics and illumination.
        I found this setting ProbeQualVisionOpticsCalFocusLatencyFraction in the editor and it is set to 0.5

I have our local rep looking into it with Hexagon.
        It currently takes 33 seconds for the camera to go from lowest mag to highest.
        Last edited by BKulpa; 02-01-2019, 07:59 AM. Reason: Checked suggested setting

Comment

Originally posted by BKulpa View Post
          I tried recalibrating optics and illumination.
          I found this setting ProbeQualVisionOpticsCalFocusLatencyFraction in the editor and it is set to 0.5

I have our local rep looking into it with Hexagon.
          It currently takes 33 seconds for the camera to go from lowest mag to highest.
          WOW! 33 Seconds? Probably the zoom cell in the camera itself.

Comment

Hexagon's coming to change the zoom module. 13K ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by BKulpa View Post
              Hexagon's coming to change the zoom module. 13K ouch!
              Whoa!!!!

Comment

The small motor in the zoom lens of our Optiv Performance 664 locked up and it cost over $10,000 to have the zoom lens assembly replaced. There was nothing wrong with the assembly except for that small electric motor, but the Hexagon policy is to replace it all. The company that makes the zoom assembly will not sell the motor replacement. Imagine your car won't start and the mechanic says that the starter is bad so they have to replace the entire engine.
                sigpicDigital 3D photography :cool:
                PC-DMIS CAD++ v2014 SP1 -- Windows 7 -- Mitutoyo Bright 707 :rolleyes: PC-DMIS Vision 2014.1 -- Optiv Performance 664

Comment