Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off-Line

Good evening,

I am working with a company that has a TESA vision system using PCDMIS 2014. Is it possible to program the TESA off-line? I have programmed MicroVu using Inspec Metrology software but that particular machine didn't have an off-line component. Just curious. Thanks in advance.
    Darroll
    2018R2

If you are on the machine itself, when you open a program you can select MACHINE or OFFLINE from the drop-down in the open dialog box. Otherwise, I use an offline seat and program that way. However, when the program is ready for online, I need to go in and adjust all the light settings. For some reason, the light settings do not work with the offline seat.

If you are programming offline on the actual machine, the light settings will work.

Comment

I see. We use 2015 and 2017. So are you saying its possible to program offline away from the machine? I've been tasked at programming the TESA and as far as programming is concerned, I do everything off-line.
      Darroll
      2018R2

Comment

Originally posted by Darrollh View Post
        I see. We use 2015 and 2017. So are you saying its possible to program offline away from the machine? I've been tasked at programming the TESA and as far as programming is concerned, I do everything off-line.
        You can work/program offline AT the machine with what you have, OR, you have to purchase an offline seat so you can program some place else.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

As Matthew stated, I mainly program with a purchased offline seat where I program on a computer away from the machine.

Comment

yes, it's possible to program away from the machine.

The newer versions of PCD have a "simulated light" capability for vision applications. Don't take them as gospel. Anyone who has programmed a vision machine knows you'll need to tune your vision parameters once on the machine.

Just note you'll need PC-DMIS vision on your offline portlock to access camera parameters.
            Ex-Hex

Comment

• bfire85
              bfire85 commented
              Editing a comment
              100% Correct. Having an offline vision seat works wonders and you can simulate a good chuck of it,, but it's not a plug and play with the vision parameters. There is tweaking that needs to happen.