DCC Search for Auto-Line Larger than FOV Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCC Search for Auto-Line Larger than FOV Question

Is PC-DMIS Capable of searching in an area larger than the FOV for a line?

If not, has anyone automated an iterative search for a feature in an area larger than the FOV? (Without stopping the routine with '... not detected' errors)

Thank you

You should be able to key-in how long you want the line and in which direction. PC-DMIS will continue to measure in that zone from start to stop.

Comment

Ok, let me explain a little further:

I want to measure an edge oriented on the X-axis. The length of the line is smaller than the FOV_X. But I do not know where this line is on the Y-Axis. I would like PC-Dmis to search along the Y-Axis until it finds the edge that is oriented on the X-Axis. (Fully automated - Without prompts or Errors)

something along the lines of:

Auto-Line (X = 0, y = -5)
      if error then
      Auto-Line (X = 0, y = -3)
      if error then
      Auto-Line (X = 0, y = 0)
      end if
      end if
      end if

Please let me know if you have any idea if this is possible!

Comment

Michael,

I have not had a lot of experience with them but they are useful.

It sounds like you could manipulate a few of the follow features to work in your favor.
        -Possibly some sort of scan depending on the situation(Only if TTP is included)
        -You can perform an edge point with sample hits(Only if TTP is included)

-Using a combination of Logic, Label and Looping commands may just get you want you want

Just some ideas

Good Luck!
        Anthony Fotion
        Quality/Reliability Engineer Technician
        Fujifilm Dimatix Inc.
        E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Michael.J.Rothenberg View Post
          Is PC-DMIS Capable of searching in an area larger than the FOV for a line?

If not, has anyone automated an iterative search for a feature in an area larger than the FOV? (Without stopping the routine with '... not detected' errors)

Thank you
          Check out the help literature for the ONERROR command. It can be done.
          ----------------------------------

Ex Hex

Comment