Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bestfit with CAO

Hello,
    I can't properly align my piece with my 3D ...I think I am not performing the procedure correctly but I do not know why.
    I have no parallel or perpendicular face, how to achieve a good allinement with cao please?

Sorry for my english.

What source do you have? Regular features like circles/cylinders/lines/planes or are you laser scanning the part (point cloud)?
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP10

Comment

the objective is to align the picee correctly, and then compare the CAD with the reality by taking several points of the piece

Comment

That is understood, but what have you measured in order to do an alignment, you need to have measured features in order to do your alignment.
        PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP10

Comment

I take several points in program mode on my CAD which I then take IRL.
          I then put my points in a best fit, I continue to take points but impossible to position my piece correctly with this method

Comment

If you have to align off of really funky geometry you have two options:

1) Have a fixture made with datum target points. Measure the target points, align to them, then load the part onto the fixture, then measure the part relative to the fixture itself.

2) Use PC D's "Iterative alignment".
            Beep beep beep..

Comment