Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing two COPs of the same part

Hello,

We use our arm for measuring parts after test. Right now trying to see if we can compare a scan of a sample taken before test to a scan of the same sample taken after test. Our romer arm and sample fixture don't move so I don't think I need to worry about doing any sort of alignment... yet. Does anybody know if there is a way to do a colormap between two scans instead of between a CAD and a scan?

I tried exporting one of the scans to an IGES and then importing the same IGES to try the scan but nothing showed up.

Did you try to scan the first as "master" ?
    Or mesh it ?
    (That's what I do with polyworks, don't know enough on PC-DMIS on this point...)

Comment

You'd need to mesh the master part and export it as STL, and then import that into your program with the scan of the second part and compare it using the Point or Surface colormap.

Comment

Hi @NAhmed,
        The instructions other members gave you are correct. I have a few slides which show the steps in case they may be helpful to you. Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Kind Regards,
        Ute Burton
        PC-DMIS Pointcloud/Portable Product Owner

part-to-part page 1.png
        part-to-part page 2.png

Comment

Thank you guys very much!! I got it figured out now!

On a sideote, is there a way to export the colormap as results than can be viewed in another program? (Thinking maybe HyperView). I know how to make reports, but it would be a lot easier if I could just pass this off to my engineer

Comment

HI,

I have a case similar to this.

We needed to scan a big component and for this, we needed to move the arm.

We did two COPs and now we trying to do the alignment using the cad file like a reference.

For aligning one COP with the CAD it's OK.

But when we try to align the second COP the CAD changes the position.

See in attached

thanks
            Attached Files

Comment