Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-DMIS Software program

Hi,
    I want to write a program for a Assembly. I would be writing the program using the CAD model and then execute that program to measure the part.
    The first thing would be defining the datum’s. My part would be loaded on the fixture. Once I execute the program, I won't be able to access the datum points to probe them as the part is on the fixture. SO how to I probe the datums on the actual part.

You probe the fixture instead.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP6

Comment

I understand that I need to probe the fixture for alignment. But what about the datum's? For example see the attached picture. The position tolerance is referencing to Datum A, B and C which I can't access because of the fixture.
      Attached Files

Comment

You DID access them, when you aligned the fixture. If you are trying to build an Xact dimension stuff, you use CURRENT ALIGNMENT instead of building the FCF
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I still don't understand. The Xact dimension that I need to create is with reference to Datum A, B and C. All the three datum can't be accessed one loaded to the fixture. I am very new to PC-DMIS so trying to figure it out.

Comment

Is the fixture based on your datums A, B and C (the part sits on these datums in the fixture)? <--- Good fixture

Or, does the part rest on other surfaces and you cannot access your datums when the part is loaded to the fixture? <--- Bad fixture.
            PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP6

Comment

Yes the fixture is based on Datum A, B and C. That's why I can't access the datum once part is loaded on the fixture. So I have concern regarding the dimension which are reference to Datum A, B and C. How do I use Xact dimension if I can't access the datums.

Comment

Originally posted by abhisheksohane View Post
                Yes the fixture is based on Datum A, B and C. That's why I can't access the datum once part is loaded on the fixture. So I have concern regarding the dimension which are reference to Datum A, B and C. How do I use Xact dimension if I can't access the datums.
                see my previous post, DON'T build the FCF but use "CURRENT ALIGNMENT"
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment