Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment on pipes

Hi!

I time to time measure pipes with a portable arm. So far it has been pretty easy to do it but now i'm facing som pipes with many angles and different views for evaluation.

I usually use program mode but have also started using auto element. The problem is the alignment. I have tried several ways to do it but it just goes crazy. Even if i get origo for XYZ the way i want it the rest of the elements seem to be projected crooked and way of the CAD model.

Has anyone experience with measuring pipes? I could really use some good advice here.

Sorry for my bad english.

There's actually a special tool and module for measuring tubes.

http://www.hexagonmi.com/en-US/produ...pection-system
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

Yes i know, but we are far from buying one of those. So i will continue using the probe.

Comment

So some advice on alignment on bent pipes with a probe is what im after. How do you do it?

Comment

• VinniUSMC
          VinniUSMC commented
          Editing a comment
          Most of my tube inspections were with 1:1 mylar. Have you done a forum search? I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of topics on inspecting tubes already.

One method is measuring all the straight cylinder parts, create the intersection points and bestfit align on them.
        AndersI
        SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Make sure the nominals are correct and that the direction of the axises matches the direction of the CAD-model axises (positive/negative).
          PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o18 R2 SP2

Comment