Program new tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program new tips?

We're running a Romer Absolute arm 7535, and are currently shopping some new tips. My question is whether or not there is a simple way to change the tips of the male probes from say a point probe to a 6mm ball probe, and I guess reprogram it to know what it's been change to.
    My thought is that maybe I can get away with buying one 4" length male point probe, and later swap the tip to a ball probe if needed.
    If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing

No, it's not simple.

Each probe has an identifying resistor in its body, so the Arm recognizes it when it's plugged in, and pulls the correct probe file. You'd probably have to:

Physically alter probe
    Edit the existing probes within RDS Control Panel
    Requalify altered probe
    Doublecheck that it works in PCDMIS (shoot an artifact a few times, note results)

Sounds like a major pain instead of just investing in a new probe....
    ----------------------------------

Ex Hex

Comment

Thanks for the help. I don't know that I'll ever actually need to, but at 600+ bucks per probe I just wanted to know if I had the ability. It does look like re-calibrating/labeling would need to be done but it's possible if I have to before talking to "the man" into a new probe. Certainly would be a long way around though
      If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing

Comment

I've done it 4 or 5 times. Takes about 20 mins assuming nothing goes wrong.
        Eric
        Romer Absolute 7530

Comment