Multiple Monitor Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Monitor Setup

We just updated from 3.7 to 4.2 and cen't seem to get our report window to drag to our secondary monitor? It worked fine in 3.7, in fact you could drag anything to which ever monitor you chose to. Is there a setting somewhere in PC-DMIS that locks the report window to the primary monitor? It doesn't sound like a big deal, but I already have a lot of confused operators and it's only our 2nd day with 4.2! Thanks.
    Machines I Understand, it's People that I will Never Get!

Nope, the report window stay where it is at. You could always move DMIS to the other monitor?
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Tried that, but the report just moves with it. Basically I need the picture or CAD Data on a different screen than the one the report pops up on?
      Machines I Understand, it's People that I will Never Get!

Comment

We are running dual screen setups with v4.2MR1 and it works well. Currently, I have the PC-DMIS window covering both screens (they are treated as one monitor) and got the command/edit window on the right screen and the graphic window on the left screen. I can move my report window to whatever screen I prefer to have it on, so that isn't locked to one screen only.

What you need to do is to check the settings of your graphics card - the nVidia card we are using have the nVidia Desktop Manager that allows all possible configurations, so I am sure you'll manage to configure it to your likings. If you are running an nVidia card, that is.
        PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

I have dual monitors. It is setup as dual view in the settings. Run the multiple monitor setup wizard. Dual view works best for me cause I can maximize any window on either monitor. I have my graphics and report windows on the left monitor and move my edit window to the right one. Right click on the edit window and uncheck "Docking". This allows you to move it. I toggle the graphics and report windows as I need them by hitting Shift+Tab. I hope this helps you.
          sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment