Pcdemons_ Alignment ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcdemons_ Alignment ??????

Okay, I have done this a million times but this time ????

Okay, I have three tooling holes, in the first program I would mark all and tell it to run manual alignment, start program and it says I am out of parameter tolerance, yet it is in Manual Mode???

So I create 3rd program, do the same thing, this time it lets me take the manual alignment hits, but when it goes into DCC Mode on the first hole it take the 3 prehits and only 3 of the 4 inside hits so I just say skip that point, goes to the second hole it takes the 3 prehits but only 2 of the 4 inside hits before the out of parameter warning, so I manually take those hits, it goes to the third hole and TA DA it take all the points correctly. Have anyone seen this?
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

all three programs created the same? as in all the same hits, alignments etc?
    XYZ_IJK
    pc-dmis 2012 mr1, 2013mr1
    calypso 5.4 sp1

Comment

I have had that happen to me before. I know I fixed it within the alinement area. But can not remenber what it was. Go back over your alinement each hole and look at everthing. sorry I could not be more help. If I remenber I will get back.
      sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
      THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
      4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

like I said, in the manual mode it would not let me take a hit, it said it was already out of parameter tolerance? It can not be in manual mode, that is a DCC error. Then about the inside hits it took the pre-hits which is in the working envelope, well with in the machine working footprint one would take 2 of four and one would take 3 of four and in DCC Mode and say thay were out of Parameter Tolerance and the last worked fine.

Now I got it to work. I think the CAD was bad, but how could CAD make the softeware think its in DCC mode?

Comment

check vectors, also degree on circle hits. Make sure probe good and selected. reboot.
          sigpic
          3.7 MR4

Comment

I think if the cad is the reason then I would import another cad model and replace. and I'm sure the holes are in zplus workplane and I know you are well versed in pc-dmis so I'm sure you had that correct. I wish I could be of more help, but you got her fixed and if you do find out what caused it go ahead and post so we know.
            XYZ_IJK
            pc-dmis 2012 mr1, 2013mr1
            calypso 5.4 sp1

Comment

Originally posted by xyz_ijk View Post
              I think if the cad is the reason then I would import another cad model and replace. and I'm sure the holes are in zplus workplane and I know you are well versed in pc-dmis so I'm sure you had that correct. I wish I could be of more help, but you got her fixed and if you do find out what caused it go ahead and post so we know.

Like I said I did create new CAD and I got it to work. I just do not know why or how CAD could make my CMM think it is in DCC mode and give me a DCC Error while clearly in Manual Mode. I guess that is why we refer to it as PcDemons

Comment

What caused it I do not know. But how I fixed it I remenber. I deleted my Interative. retyped my hole locations in to each hole. In my case they were gage balls. then redone my Interative alinement. then everything worked.
                sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
                THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
                4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

Originally posted by pniven View Post
                  What caused it I do not know. But how I fixed it I remenber. I deleted my Interative. retyped my hole locations in to each hole. In my case they were gage balls. then redone my Interative alinement. then everything worked.

How I got mine to work is I was working with a step file and I went into UG and exported it out as a Iges file and then Copied my old program put in in the new one and it worked??? Over 18 years doing the exacet same thing the exact same way and this rears its ugly head I guess it is what keeps me coming back?

Comment