Save
    Save
    Save

Fornicating portion of fecal matter!

Cost an hour.

Save
    Save
    Save
    Last edited by John Riggins; 04-08-2008, 06:34 PM.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

I hope you sent the error report....
    Badges..... We don't need no stinkin badges.

Comment

Thats an OH-CRAP when that comes up, there are certain things that if you do that screen will come up and program will close. I try to remember thooose things not "the thing" that causes that OH-CRAP. I try to Ctrl-S often to save the program so if that happens you do not loose to much. You are not alone. Another OH-CRAP the probe changer just got stuck in the rack, such is life.
      Brian
      Version 2012

sigpic

Comment

Saving is fine and dandy...but I dunno how many times PC-DMIS has puked and I have had to go from the autosave file, since the original gets corrupted and won't load...and still lost work.
        sigpic

Comment

Did you see awhile back MS put out a report that listed some of the programs that were being reported? PC DMIS was right up there at the top and was over 90% due to programming errors in the PC DMIS and not compatibility between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
            [ATTACH]2658[/ATTACH]

Save
            Save
            Save
            Save
            Save

Fornicating portion of fecal matter!

Cost an hour.

Save
            Save
            Save
            Why not use autosave ? have mine set to 1 min it sux you lost an hr though
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJHVW93 View Post
              Why not use autosave ? have mine set to 1 min it sux you lost an hr though
              I hate autosave.
              Causes more problems than it cures.
              Lately, it occurs to me

Comment

I hate autosave.
                Causes more problems than it cures.
                What probs does it cause? Maybe I should turn it off ?
                sigpic

Comment

Well, its just that you keep getting asked if you want to load the autosaved version or not. It used to screw with my head. Occasionally I would answer incorrectly and lose some programming time because when it loads the autosaved version, the one you have been working on gets trashed.
                  Lately, it occurs to me

Comment

Well, its just that you keep getting asked if you want to load the autosaved version or not. It used to screw with my head. Occasionally I would answer incorrectly and lose some programming time because when it loads the autosaved version, the one you have been working on gets trashed.
                    Ah yes same thing has happend to me as well exactly! Lost my head for a second and lost some programming by picking/renaming incorrect one!! Thanx John rep to ya I try to manually save as much as possible sometime not enough
                    sigpic

Comment

Did you see awhile back MS put out a report that listed some of the programs that were being reported? PC DMIS was right up there at the top and was over 90% due to programming errors in the PC DMIS and not compatibility between the two.

I think it should be PC-DMIS's job to design code that flags you and tells you there is an error not just kick you out of the program and not tell you what was wrong. With PC-DMIS towards the top of the nauty list that speaks for itself.
                      Brian
                      Version 2012

sigpic

Comment

If I saved everyone of those PCDLRN errors as a screenshot, I would need a separate HD to store them on.
                        Lately, it occurs to me

Comment

I actually know what caused this latest error so I guess I will post it and maybe some future version (that I will probably not use) will be purged of the problem.

I was constructing a line from two vector points.
                          These were points that I had created at some earlier point in the program.
                          When I construct lines from points I click on the "construct line" icon in the toolbar.
                          A dialog box shows up with a list of features...bla, bla, bla.
                          I usually just pick the points from the CAD display; this is much faster than figuring out what the names of the points are.
                          So, this time when I picked the 2 points they both highlighted on the CAD display, but only one of them highlighted in the dialog list.
                          I waited about 1 second and decided to just pick the needed point from the list since I remembered what order I had created the points in.
                          I clicked on create and shazam!
                          PCDLRN error.
                          Last edited by John Riggins; 03-20-2008, 04:51 PM.
                          Lately, it occurs to me

Comment

I have been doing this so long that thos two button the ink has come of em and all you see is a little rubbed out hole.
                            sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Here's something strange. I haven't seen the PCDLRN error box in a long time!! Now PCDMIS justs shuts down. No warning, other than a stop in the program, and boing!!!! All gone. What ever I was running disappears, and I have to start over from the beginning. A real pain on the long programs with a manual machine!!
                              Steven69
                              sigpic

Comment