Extracting Points From Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extracting Points From Circle

I have a part with a groove diameter that is interupted by two pockets 180° apart so I can only measure about 100° on each side of the pocket. What I have been doing is making an autocircle on each side showing the points and then creating vector points to the same points in the circles. After I measure the vector points I delete the autocircles and construct a circle from the vector points. I'm hoping that there is an easier way, like measure the autocircles and extract the point in the circle to constuct one circle.

Thanks in advance.
    DeWain Hodge

CONSTRUCTED CIRCLE=FEAT/CIRCLE,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR,NO
    THEO/<-1.355,-0.737,-1.5>,<0,0,1>,2.986
    ACTL/<-1.355,-0.737,-1.5>,<0,0,1>,2.986
    CONSTR/CIRCLE,BFRE,CIR1.HIT[1...9],CIR2.HIT[1...9],CIR3.HIT[1...9],CIR4.HIT[1...],,
    OUTLIER_REMOVAL/OFF,3
    FILTER/OFF,UPR=0

I still don't know how to use the "code" flags to make this more legible but HTH!

TK
    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

If you are wanting just one diameter , you should be able to create an auto circle - say, with 6 or 8 pts, and then drag some of the points away from the 2 pockets.
      sigpicV2014mr1

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
        Code:
                    CONSTR/CIRCLE,BFRE,CIR1.HIT[1...9],CIR2.HIT[1...9],CIR3.HIT[1...9],CIR4.HIT[1...],,
                    OUTLIER_REMOVAL/OFF,3
                    FILTER/OFF,UPR=0
        I still don't know how to use the "code" flags to make this more legible but HTH!

TK
        Use [code] before and [/code] after just as shown here.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by DeWain Hodge View Post
          I have a part with a groove diameter that is interupted by two pockets 180° apart so I can only measure about 100° on each side of the pocket. What I have been doing is making an autocircle on each side showing the points and then creating vector points to the same points in the circles. After I measure the vector points I delete the autocircles and construct a circle from the vector points. I'm hoping that there is an easier way, like measure the autocircles and extract the point in the circle to constuct one circle.

Thanks in advance.
          Using Cad?
          On v4.2 you can manipulate the autocircle hits targets.
          (dragging path lines w/mouse).
          I'm not sure if 4.1 has it.
          sigpicIt's corona time!
          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Another way is to create an alignment and offset the orgin to the nominal center of the circle. Then, you can do polar vector points using the R of the circle and appropriate angles. Then you can construct a circle from those points.

TKing's is probably the easiest way. Just make sure you do a BFRE (Best Fit RE-comp) circle. If you just do BF (Best Fit) you'll get the wrong diameter.

Comment

Code:
                          CONSTR/CIRCLE,BFRE,CIR1.HIT[1[COLOR="Red"]...[/COLOR]9],CIR2.HIT[1[COLOR="red"]...[/COLOR]9],CIR3.HIT[1[COLOR="red"]...[/COLOR]9],CIR4.HIT[1[COLOR="red"]...[/COLOR]9],,
                          OUTLIER_REMOVAL/OFF,3
                          FILTER/OFF,UPR=0

TK

See the red above. Is it .. or ...? I thought it was ..

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                Use [code] before and [/code] after just as shown here.
                Tanks!

TK
                sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
                  Using Cad?
                  On v4.2 you can manipulate the autocircle hits targets.
                  (dragging path lines w/mouse).
                  I'm not sure if 4.1 has it.
                  This is the right answer but you dont need CAD to do this. Click the little button thingy under the vector thingy and hits show up in the graphics thingy... Then just drag them around like you said.
                  Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

No I don't have CAD for this point and the reason I don't DRAG the points around in the autocircle is because management wants equally spaced hits in any diameter I measure.
                    DeWain Hodge

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                      This is the right answer but you dont need CAD to do this. Click the little button thingy under the vector thingy and hits show up in the graphics thingy... Then just drag them around like you said.
                      I must disagree that it is THE right answer. It is A right answer. The other options given are answers which will give accurate results as well.

Just being picky.

Comment

It's just too easy, don't overcomplicate it.

Nuff said

TK
                        sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

No I don't have CAD for this point and the reason I don't DRAG the points around in the autocircle is because management wants equally spaced hits in any diameter I measure.
                          You can also do a manual measured circle (Not autofeature!).

F9, enter nominals and # of hits (enough to cover both 100 deg. areas).
                          Start Ang=0/End Ang=360
                          Say "yes" to Equally spaced? OK.

Then just highligh and delete the points you don't neeed an the rest will be
                          equally spaced. That's accurate too.

Let me have a beer now
                          sigpicIt's corona time!
                          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

OUTLIER_REMOVAL/OFF,3
                            FILTER/OFF,UPR=0

TK
                            This helps a lot. Now my question is how many points can I use. I tried it but I ended up only being able to use 10 or so points. I'm measuring 20 per side.
                            DeWain Hodge

Comment

This helps a lot. Now my question is how many points can I use. I tried it but I ended up only being able to use 10 or so points. I'm measuring 20 per side.
                              Youre skipping cutouts but you want equally spaced... those two objectives are counter to each other.
                              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment