Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallelism and True pos. Dimension

Good morning everyone
    I have two questions about // and True pos.
    1. I have a machining part . Top surface is Datum D, the bottom is gear pocket. The print called out // 0.02 to Datum D. However, the Engineer needs to scan these surfaces. In orther to apply // , the second Datum must be a plane....... What is a good method to change theTOP scan to become plane DATUM D ?
    2. I did the program by Cad. I applied True pos. Cylinder of Suction port which laying in the compound Angle. Even drawing did not give me the specific X,Y,Z dictances. Normally, I got the nominal by using Cad.
    After I measure and apply. I look at Nominal and Actual in the Edit window have differance value from Dimension result. Anybody explain why happening like this.
    Thanks

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ken8282
    Alignment
    by Ken8282
    So recently I had a discussion were the powers that be said I should be clocking my part to Datum C for an alignment. I instead used another ID that was...
    11-18-2016, 05:39 PM
  • JamesH
    True Position Calculation
    by JamesH
    Does anyone know how PC-DMIS calculates true position? The problem I'm having is the drawing for a job I've got asks for the TP on circles with reference...
    04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
  • Farmer
    DTM B True Pos. to DTM A
    by Farmer
    Good Morning Learned Peers. Hopefully one of you could answer (What I hope is) a simple question. The part that I am currently programming for has a a...
    08-23-2007, 05:32 AM
  • MJA75
    True Position dimension in V4.2
    by MJA75
    Ok guys, heres my 2nd question,

Measuring a part that is basically a cylinder (along x axis), we will call it datum A.
    Hole perpendicular...
    02-09-2008, 12:52 PM
  • Onehot82
    True position
    by Onehot82
    hello all. i am having an issue dimensioning true position. the dimension calls for true position .010" max material condition to datum -h-/ datum...
    12-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Working...
X