Manual retracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual retracts

I have a Tesa micro-hite 3D, pcdmis 4.2, sheffield controller. I and doing setup and in the manual mode I want to change the retract. I am using the 1mm(.039) tip in a .0625 hole. As soon as I take the first hit the probe bounces around, for quite some time . I have done some research here and it seems that it is not possible to change this? Can someone please confirm this for me. If you cant change this setting whats my way out? I need to measure this hole as it is my Zero/Zero and I do not want to measure another and have to translate.

Marc in SW

Originally posted by Marc in SW View Post
    I have a Tesa micro-hite 3D, pcdmis 4.2, sheffield controller. I and doing setup and in the manual mode I want to change the retract. I am using the 1mm(.039) tip in a .0625 hole. As soon as I take the first hit the probe bounces around, for quite some time . I have done some research here and it seems that it is not possible to change this? Can someone please confirm this for me. If you cant change this setting whats my way out? I need to measure this hole as it is my Zero/Zero and I do not want to measure another and have to translate.

Marc in SW
    Sounds like you are trying to 'learn' the hole, meaning, you are going to manually take 4 hits in the hole without using cad info to get it. If that is the case, simply measure ANY larger hole. Once you get that feature created, change the nominal size of it in the edit window. Then, execute it. Pcdmis will then know it is a hole and hopefully will limit the retract.

IF that does not do it, then you may have to do your manual alignment on some OTHER features, then do just the DCC alignment in that small hole.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Can't you just turn your speed down to a crawl when measuring that hole?
      sigpic
      Global Advantage 12-22-10
      TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using an IGES file. So it should be ok to measure any other hole nearby for the manual mode? Then for the DCC mdoe use that hole?

Comment

He has a Sheffield controller which retracts automatically from manual hits. It is a controler setting I believe. J Jones or another Sheffield user should be able to answer this one.

At least that is the problem as I understand it.
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by Marc in SW View Post
            Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using an IGES file. So it should be ok to measure any other hole nearby for the manual mode? Then for the DCC mdoe use that hole?
            YES, I would say so, then in DCC mode, Pcdmis will automatically 'change' the prehit/retract amounts (internally ONLY!, you will NOT see it as code) if the radius of the hole is smaller than the pre/re you have set in the program. It will change it so that it will not retract beyond the NOMINAL center of the hole.
            sigpic
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

So with a Sheffield controller you can't do Insert>Paremeter Change>Measurement Distance>Manual Retract? It has no effect?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ClayOgre View Post
                So with a Sheffield controller you can't do Insert>Paremeter Change>Measurement Distance>Manual Retract? It has no effect?
                I might be on the wrong track, I thought his issue was the retract that Sheffield controlers do after a manual hit. That is a machine/controler parameter not a program parameter. What you are asking is the same with other machines so yes you can do that but it is a program parameter so it will apply to DCC executions.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                  I might be on the wrong track, I thought his issue was the retract that Sheffield controlers do after a manual hit. That is a machine/controler parameter not a program parameter. What you are asking is the same with other machines so yes you can do that but it is a program parameter so it will apply to DCC executions.
                  No, that is an OPTION with SOME controllers and Pcdmis, you CAN change the MANUAL RETRACT amount in the program. So, YES, once again, YOU are on the WRONG TRACK, bogger-boy!

(come over to geek-street, you KNOW you want to!)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                    No, that is an OPTION with SOME controllers and Pcdmis, you CAN change the MANUAL RETRACT amount in the program. So, YES, once again, YOU are on the WRONG TRACK, bogger-boy!

You and I are talking about two different things. Have you ran a Sheffield DCC machine before? There is a thing where when you take a hit it retracts and takes the same hit in DCC. Hopefully someone that is familiar with Sheffield controlers will straighten us out on that. Just the same I don't believe that is what he is talking about. Who knows, I sure don't.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayOgre View Post
                      Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post

You and I are talking about two different things. Have you ran a Sheffield DCC machine before? There is a thing where when you take a hit it retracts and takes the same hit in DCC. Hopefully someone that is familiar with Sheffield controlers will straighten us out on that. Just the same I don't believe that is what he is talking about. Who knows, I sure don't.
                      I don't think it is getting through al the way on this one. He asked if you could CHANGE THE PARAMETER for the manual retact value in the program, just like you can for the DCC retract. (see red above). SOME controllers let you use that method of setting the manual retract amount, and that posted command is how it is done, then you said you thought it was for the MANUAL retract, and it is, SOME controllers do that throught that RED code in the frist post. I am not saying that this particular controller can or does, but he asked if that command worked for the manual retract. IF it is controlled ONLY by the controller, then NO, that command will not work. IF the controller does NOT do a 'dcc' retract froma manual touch, then that command WILL NOT work. ONLY on slect controllers will that particual command do anything at all.
                      sigpic

Comment

We have a Sheffield controller here and you are right you can not change how much the machine will retract after a manual hit. Some machines you can, but not on this style. In the manual mode you might try checking a larger hole or you could just touch the tip above the hole (like you are probing the hole, 4 hand touches) and hit return to screen and you can adjust your parameters for size, backoff, location. or maybe just use the auto circle and key in the info. Hard to say without seeing the part, print etc. Good luck
                        Brian
                        Version 2012

sigpic

Comment

It can be set in the controler parameters. Terry King may know, I know J knows how to do it.

Comment

I would use an auto feature, no manual retract involved. If you want the controller fix, check with J, been too long for me to remember to that detail, Sorry.

TK
                            sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

There is no setting in the Settings Editor for the manual retract. I am surprised that the this: Insert>Paremeter Change>Measurement Distance>Manual Retract
                              Doesnt reset it.

The Sheffield's, different from the B&S, have a automatic manual retract. The Insert>Paremeter Change>Measurement Distance>Manual Retract is supposed to change it but there is no way to set a default setting. So you would have to adjust it for each different setting(outside of autofeatures)
                              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment