Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• report template data

hi,
    I am starting to play around with v4.2 and was wondering how you get the dimensions into the report template. seems a little confusing compared to v3.7. we currently have a little slow time so i am trying to spend some time learning 4.2. any help would be appriciated.

thanks
    PC-DMIS 2011
    -B&S Optiv Advantage 2z883
    -B&S Global Advantage 12-15-10
    -B&S Micro Xcel PFx 7-10-5

I don't know what you mean by how you get the dimensions into the report template. Are you creating your own custom template? Or are you not viewing the "View last execute report mode." ? With v4.0+ you have to view the report window and make sure you are in the correct mode. You can also refresh it as well.
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Dimension data should appear if you have dimensions in your pp that are marked, if you have a TextReportObject in your template, and if your Report window is set to display dimensions.

So if you're creating a new template you'll want the TextReportObject. I recommend importing rules from an existing standard template for that object (like TextOnly.rtp) for use in your own template. Though it may be easier to simply customize TextOnly.rtp and do a Save As and give it your own name.

To get the dimensions to display in the Report window, right-click on the window and select Edit and from the resulting dialog box you can choose to display all dimensions, out-of-tolerance only dimensions and so on.

The Reporting Measurement Results section in the help file goes over all the goodies in template reporting.

Good luck.
      Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
      [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will keep playing with it.
        PC-DMIS 2011
        -B&S Optiv Advantage 2z883
        -B&S Global Advantage 12-15-10
        -B&S Micro Xcel PFx 7-10-5

Comment