Repositioning Part With Cad Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repositioning Part With Cad Model

I have a part & model which I want to write a program for which I will need to flip the part over to measure the features on the bottom. I really don't want to write two programs I really want all the results on one report. Am I going to be opening a messy can of worms if I do and iterative alignment on the first side measure the features I can reach then recall the startup alignment, flip the part over and do another iterative alignment for the second side? Thanks in advance.
    DeWain Hodge

As Long As You Recall The Alinements In The Report Before Asking For The Data Informatiom For That Side. You Should Be Ok. I Do It All The Time, And My Reports Come Out As If It Were One Single Alinement. Most Of The Time I Do It With A Gage. That Happens To Be To Long For My Travel. I Move It After Doing One Half Of The Gage. Then Realine And Do The Other Half. Then Ask For My Report Recalling Alinements Before Each.
    sigpichttp://npmichaels.com/ (My sons book)
    THANKS (CAD IS ALWAYS MASTER)
    4.3 & 4.2MR2/GLOBAL/PH10MQ/WINDOWS XP

Comment

Equate Alignment from help file 4.3...
      To Change a Part's Position and Orientation

For example, to measure a dimension that references features on two sides of the part that are not accessible from a single part orientation:
      1. <LI class=p-List>Measure the alignment features on the first side of the part.
        <LI class=p-List>Create the original alignment.
        <LI class=p-List>Measure all required features that can be reached from the first orientation of the part.
        <LI class=p-List>Move the part to its new position.
        <LI class=p-List>Measure the new alignment features. The origin must be the same and the axis must be in the same direction as the axis of the alignment you are equating to. It is easiest to understand this if you imagine that the original origin and axes ' arrows were glued onto the part before moving it. The new alignment places the origin and axes' arrows in the same position with respect to the part.
        <LI class=p-List>Select the Insert | Alignment | Equate menu option. The Equate Alignment dialog box appears. http://www.pcdmisforum.com/mk:@MSITS.../i_chiclet.gif
        <LI class=p-List>In the Equate Original Alignment list, select the original alignment.
        <LI class=p-List>In the With New Alignment list, select the new alignment.
      2. Click the OK button. The CAD model won't move relative to the alignment axes, but the measured values will move once PC-DMIS executes the equate alignment.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

COORDINATE System Does Not Change I AGREE WITH ABOVE STATED WORX LIKE A CHARM
        Last edited by AJHVW93; 03-04-2008, 02:52 PM.
        sigpic

Comment