Angle dimension out of spec.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle dimension out of spec.

I have a newbie question. I have a 3D angle between two planes being checked. It is always in spec, until now. So now that it is out of spec by 3degrees I honestly have NO IDEA how to tell how the angle is out, or rather how to tell the set up guys how to move to bring it in. It is out -3.1 degrees.
    CMM Programmer
    Jackson Michigan
    Mistral 7.7.5
    4.3MR2

Protractor, to verify your results. can I see a pic or the print, If it is really out, I would have to see what your talking about before any advice can be given
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Like Paul said, look at it another way. Take it OFF the CMM and put it on a plate. Try verifying it with a sine bar or compound sine plate. Too often we allow ourselves to rely on the technology advancements and forget about the old way. How would you check this if the CMM was down for repair?
      When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
      sigpic

Comment

Send it out and have someone else do it??

Comment

At 3 degrees out you should quickly and easily be able to see that with a protractor
          sigpic

Comment

You could always use vector points and report the "T" deviation. If you don't have CAD data, but you DO have nominal information, you could run the program "offline" so that the planes would go back to nominal position, then simply create some points in the planes (projections or intersections) and use those for the nominal XYZ for the vector points. Then you would know if the off-angle plane was 'heavy' or 'light' and where.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Turn Graphics ON to get an idea of how the CMM is seeing the feature in the graphics window. You may have to scale it up or down (Miltiplier) to get the exageration you want. Then what the rest of these guys said.

Craig
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

If your angle measure is say 20 degrees and you are a -3 degrees, wouldn't it be 17 degrees. And if you were a positive 3 degrees, it would be 23 degrees. That's the way I would read it. You could check it on a Comparator to be sure.
                "I hear voices, . . . and they don't Like YOU!"

Comment

If you deleted and recreated that plane (even if you gave it the same name) it would disapear from the dimension block. Wheather or not it would revert to X axis I don't know. Do you remember editing that plane?

Craig
                  <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment