Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ver: 3.7 vs Cad - Iterative Alignments

Good Morning,
    Does anyone have problems with their iterative alignments using 3.7 - No MR? I seem to have more problems with 3.7 than I had with the previous versions.

Thank You,
    A.Gore
    sigpicA.Gore

I had a MAJOR issue with iterative and V3.7MR3. Ticked me off BIG TIME! It would NOT, absolutely would NOT, update the report with the current check values when using iterative alignments. The program had VECTOR, EDGE, and HOLES were all that was getting checked. After running the entire program (manual iterative, DCC iterative, part check), you would have to go in and re-type the feature ID of the first dimension in th eprogram to get them ALL to update to the current measured values. Real nice! I thought STUPID bugs like that should have been worked out and fixed by the 4th version of the release (V3.7 MR0, MR1, MR2, MR3 makes 4 versions). Fortunately, that job was not here for very long and I only had to do about 15 part checks. Also, fortunately, I don't have to use iterative except once in a blue moon.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

There was a minor bug in 3.7 Release with Iterative Alignments. It has an easy workaround though. When you select "Measure All Once", PCDMIS does not prompt you for the first measurement when about to start DCC. The work around is to select Cancel at this stage, then click OK again. This time around you will be prompted.

Stu

Comment

Oh, one other thing I don't like about V3.7 MR3. With V3.5, if you used a clearance plane in the DCC FEATURES window, it turned the clearance planes on, likewsie, if you created a feature there with the clearance planes OFF, it turned them off. Now, when you do that, it does not, you have to go through the F10 set-up to get them turned on or off so that they stay on or off.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

The other problem that I found, is if you create an id: V1 or Tr1 for a feature, the older versions asked if you wanted to use this id as default and continued the pattern. I can't get 3.7 to keep the id. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
          A.Gore
          sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When making DCC Features, I have found that if you change the ID last AND don't hit TAB, it doesn't take the change. If you either change it first OR hit TAB, then it does. As for it asking if you want to 'change' the defaults, I think that is one of the WARNINGS you can set on the first tab of the F5 set-up window (at least, it used to be).
            sigpic

Comment