Can not access Datapage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not access Datapage

Anybody know what the cause of the following is?
    Our other plant in NC can not access Datapage files.
    Start>Programms>Datapage>Datapage_RT
    then select the "OK" and the message " No Files Available" pops up.
    He says that when he runs programs, the option to Update Datapage works just fine, he is getting data into datapage, but can not extract anything, due to the fact he just can't get any further that stated above.
    Any help on the subject is greatly appreciated.
    If everybody focused on the more inportant things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles!

Not much to go on. They get the opening Welcome message? Is that the OK they are pressing? If they use MS Explorer to open the directory where Datapage in installed and double click on datapage.exe do they get the same message? Are they running Datapage across a network? Never heard of the "No File Available" message.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, to answer some of the questions you've had:
      Datapage is not over the network it is running on C:\
      And yes, it is the welcome to Datatpage message where it faults out after clicking on the OK button.
      the same thing, going through MS Explorer to open the directory where Datapage in installed.
      The error message may not be literally ( could be "File not available")
      I have the guy here in our plant, but I can not reproduce the same error he gets down in NC.
      As stated before, it seems like the collection of data works, he gets the same steps I do after running each program ( "save to stats" message, statcount goes up sequencially, then the "update datapage now"....then the stat goes to datapage, the rtf file is named and saved......
      we are stumped
      If everybody focused on the more inportant things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles!

Comment

You need to find the exact words of the error message.
        Data transfer from pcdmis uses a different program to update the database. You could try renaming the datapage.ini file to see if it helps - it will be recreated with default settings.

Comment