True Position Repeatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Position Repeatability

There's a bore that I measured (offline to online) and I can only hit it 50% of the circumference due to the complexity of the part. When I get the true position of it we found it within the 0.005" call-out (actual 0.003")and we almost accepted the part as good. We used the other cmm and gave us more than the limit (0.007").

Now we did a repeatability on both machines using 4 different angles and giving us a min/max range of up to 3 thou.

Do you think what causing the non-repeatability problem is because I'm only hitting 50% circumference of the hole or is it a hardware problem (e.g. probehead, tp20, etc.).

Thanks in advance guys,

mds

p.s.

the cmm that's giving us out-of-spec TP is the older machine. the good result is coming from the newer cmm though the repeatability is not good.

Originally posted by mds_toronto
    Do you think what causing the non-repeatability problem is because I'm only hitting 50% circumference of the hole
    Yes
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

re-calibrate the probe tips, make sure both have same move, hit, speeds.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

How many points do you take? How well are the spaced out? Do you use the cylinder or circle features to evaluate?
        PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
        Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

i used a circle feature using 6 hits...no initial hits...i just found out that we're using 2 different tp20 module. one cmm is medium force and the other extended...

Comment

Well, as long as the calibrations of the tips came out correct, that really should NOT make a difference in the results.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X