Profile of plane

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Profile of plane

    I have to measure the profile of 825 nubs with respect to a datum plane. I pick a point on top of each nub then create a best fit plane go through all points. Then I ask for the profile, form only.
    Is what I am doing correct?
    Why I don't see any option to relate the profile to the datum plane that drawing is specified. I use ver3.5.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Nguyen View Post
    I have to measure the profile of 825 nubs with respect to a datum plane. I pick a point on top of each nub then create a best fit plane go through all points. Then I ask for the profile, form only.
    Is what I am doing correct?
    Why I don't see any option to relate the profile to the datum plane that drawing is specified. I use ver3.5.

    If the profile Feature Control Frame (FCF) on the drawing includes Datums, then you must be aligned to those datums before you select profile in pc-dmis and you must you "form and location". If there are no Datums in the FCF then you can use "form only". If you need more help, we will need to see the drawing. HTH (Hope This Helps)
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
      If the profile Feature Control Frame (FCF) on the drawing includes Datums, then you must be aligned to those datums before you select profile in pc-dmis and you must you "form and location". If there are no Datums in the FCF then you can use "form only". If you need more help, we will need to see the drawing. HTH (Hope This Helps)
      Yes it includes datum. Can you explain more "must be aligned to those datums before you select profile". I attached a portion of drawing here.
      Thanks for your help
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nguyen View Post
        Yes it includes datum. Can you explain more "must be aligned to those datums before you select profile". I attached a portion of drawing here.
        Thanks for your help
        I think what Wes means is that you have to be leveled to the A datum in your alignment before you can select the profile form and location in the dimension window. For this particular call out though are they wanting you to dimension the profile of the entire surface to a, or each individual nub to datum A. Since this is a linear dimension then you really dont need to dimension it with the profile. You can dimension the location in the appropriate axis with plus or minus half of the profile tolerance. If they give you the basic linear distance between the nubs and the A datum.
        Kevin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nguyen View Post
          I have to measure the profile of 825 nubs with respect to a datum plane. I pick a point on top of each nub then create a best fit plane go through all points. Then I ask for the profile, form only.
          Is what I am doing correct?
          Why I don't see any option to relate the profile to the datum plane that drawing is specified. I use ver3.5.
          Construct a feature set instead.

          Points must have correct nominals for proper profile calculation.
          sigpicIt's corona time!
          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Roberto View Post
            Construct a feature set instead.

            Points must have correct nominals for proper profile calculation.
            I thought a feature set was just a point created in the center of the features used to create it. If that is the case I dont think it will return the desired information once dimensioned. I may be wrong though.
            Kevin

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kmcmm View Post
              I thought a feature set was just a point created in the center of the features used to create it. If that is the case I dont think it will return the desired information once dimensioned. I may be wrong though.
              Yes, it does create a point as you describe, but when dimensioning profile, it uses all of the points and they can then be textually or graphically displayed.
              Lately, it occurs to me
              What a long, strange trip it's been.

              2017 R1 (Offline programming)

              Comment


              • #8
                But if you report them individually then the toolmaker can fix the nubs

                Comment


                • #9
                  post jack
                  sigpic

                  James Mannes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    post jack
                    post jack
                    sigpic

                    James Mannes

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X