Pattern & Paste with Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern & Paste with Pattern

I'm hoping someone here can help me......I'm running PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1....I'm trying to use the Paste with Pattern feature........I'm checking a part with 10 holes on a bolt cirlce......I measure the first hole feature location when I copy it then "Paste with Pattern" for the other 9 holes it erases or eliminates the first hole checked...........when actually running it on the CMM the program stops in the middle of the first hole I'm checking........Is this a software issue or am I doing something wrong ?...........any help would be appreciated
    B&S Global Performance
    PC-DMIS CAD 4.2 MR1

Post You'r Code

Comment

What version of software. are you copying and setting at thirty six degree and using 9 for number times to paste.
      Last edited by kass_b; 02-12-2008, 11:33 AM.
      sigpic
      3.7 MR4

Comment

I suspect the following is happening:

You set the pattern.

You copy the first feature.

You click paste with pattern.

What went wrong there is after you copied the feature your cursor was left in the middle of the block of code for the feature, so when you pasted with pattern everything went Kablooey. (Yep, that is the technical term.)

To solve this after you copy the feature, click in the edit window below the feature so you cursor is in the clear, then paste with pattern.

HTH

Of course this may not be your problem at all, but I have seen this cause headaches and your symptoms fit, so it was worth a shot.
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

TRY pasting 10 times might be bug in 4.2.
          sigpic
          3.7 MR4

Comment

Originally posted by kass_b View Post
            What version of software.
            He said 4.2 mr1

Sounds like your pattern is not set-up properly. Go to Edit > Pattern

Make sure you have the correct angle or offsets for the bolt hole pattern.

Then Copy the first hole, then past with pattern. Make sure when you copy the first hole you have a clearance plane included in the copy. Otherwise it will only paste the holes without it.

HTH

Comment

pattern pasting

I havent had this problem, the only thing that I can think of is that rather than just copying the feature to be pasted with a pattern, you are cutting the feature, then pasting with a pattern.
              sigpic
              "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

WHA????? BIG HELP OHH YEAH

Comment

THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX???

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                    I havent had this problem, the only thing that I can think of is that rather than just copying the feature to be pasted with a pattern, you are cutting the feature, then pasting with a pattern.
                    AGREE

Comment

I think WES hit it right on the head, I have had this happen also. Make sure cursor is after feature you copied and it will work for you.

Comment

Thanks for the input........I know I didn't include it in my original posting but I have tried pasting wiith the cursor at the end of the block I copied and I also tried adding a 10 th hole...........Still had the same results
                        B&S Global Performance
                        PC-DMIS CAD 4.2 MR1

Comment

Haha Where Do You Get This Pics?

Comment

Are you sure you don't have the copied feature still highlighted? I've done it myself. It writes right over the hightlighted material.
                            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by GOSHIK2 View Post
                              Haha Where Do You Get This Pics?
                              From your girlfriend....Tell her I said hi & not to worry about the change

Comment