Offline to online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline to online

Can anyone tell me why when I program a part offline everything looks fine and my part is correctly positioned but when I run the program everything works but the points do not fall on the model in the graphics screen. All dimensions come out as expected. I am using an iterative alignment.

Devaney,
    are you putting your cursor at the end of the program after running the part to see where points end up?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rebeldude
      Devaney,
      are you putting your cursor at the end of the program after running the part to see where points end up?

I am pretty sure I did that. I've been bit by that before.

It's like it's telling me it wants me to put the physical part in the exact location as I have the CAD model in the program. I don't that I need to do the but it's developing all of the measured graphics off of the model and at about the same distance as it looks like I have it on the plate I have not done CAD=Part per the advice of the forum and I am quite happy with everything else.

Comment

Hit F5 and make sure "Ignore CAD to part" isn't checked off.
        PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Schrocknroll
          Hit F5 and make sure "Ignore CAD to part" isn't checked off.
          It's not. Thanks though, I didn't know that was an option.

Comment

Devaney

I am curious to know when you program offline and use iterate alignments do you, before you run the whole program just mark and run the manual alignment first?
            Always wondered about if you have to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson
              Devaney

I am curious to know when you program offline and use iterate alignments do you, before you run the whole program just mark and run the manual alignment first?

If you mark everything for execution it will ask you to manually hit the approximate area of your iterative alignment points before it remeasures each of them in DCC. So I think the answer to your question is no, you don't have to just mark the manual alignment. You can run the whole thing.

Was this what your asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson
                Devaney

If your talking about running it offline. It works the same way only you will be hitting continue to move through your manual hits before it goes into DCC.

Comment

Originally posted by rebeldude
                  Devaney,

Rebeldude,

I removed the machine from my hardware definition and all is lining up well. Do you know if that should matter????

Comment

Devaney,
                    I really don't have the machine in my hardware, so I couldn't answer yes or no to that. But I am glad it's working good for you now!
                    sigpic

Comment

re

Make sure the lines and workplanes when creating the lines are correct. Will show OK off-line but when you run the part they will show different vector directions.
                      sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
                      PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Comment