Cad display views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cad display views

I'm not useing a cad model but in the display window.. when you have more then one view showing at a time ..
    Is there away to display a label for what view it is...ie Y- view Z+ view ect.
    I only have one view open at a time mostly.. and switch as needed but was ask to show more then of the views.. I have to send these programs out
    and I know the question will be asked what view is that..
    I did not find away to do this ..
    3.5 mr2
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Sounds like a neat idea but I do not believe it can be done...
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

hmmmm 5.0 big ideas maybe
      sigpic

Comment

You could edit your CAD elements. i.e. change the color of the main feature in the z_plus to one color and name it z_plus. ect. Then the name will show up in the color of the view. Might work till 5.0 comes along.

Just a thought.

Comment

Will Give it a try thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Oppps no cad to change color of...
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Tom,
              I'm not sure what you want to do. Do you want it to change views while it is checking parts? If thats what you want, there is a way to do that
              sigpic

Comment

Anymore I'm not sure what they want... What I was asked was to show at least 2 views .. 1 in z and 1 in x .. I don't see why I do a set up sheet
                easy to say can't be done...lmao
                sigpic

Comment

Tom,
                  You can go into view setup and click on the box with a line down the middle and setup 2 views in whatever axis you want
                  sigpic

Comment

ok did that.. what I was after was a way for someone else to tell what view they are..
                    I don't have cad so its just a bunch of points and lines in the views..
                    It's not really a problem for me myself as I said I mostly use 1 view at a time.
                    I have a small screen and don't like to use to much of it.. I like the edit window big.
                    Most of the time after I do a program for the plant I work in I may not see that part again for months year.. A lot of our jobs onlt get 500 - 600 pcs a year. but we have other plants that do work for us (china) and I send them some of the programs.. They do not yet have a person to program just an operator to push the start button
                    So I guess they will have to use set up sheets
                    sigpic

Comment

That would be a great feature. I was working on a part and my view was in -x, I went to the +x side, got interrupted and when I went back I forgot I did not change views and could not figure out why my vectors were backwards.... then.. duh!! It dawned on me why!!!

Comment