Xstats rounding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xstats rounding

Is there a way to limit the number of decimal places in the Xstats to the same that I have in my program?

I have three decimal places in my program but six get sent to the Xstats.
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

NOPE. Sorry!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

****, thanks for the quick responce.
      sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
        ****, thanks for the quick responce.
        You can change the settings on Dpage so it reports three decimals.
        sigpicIt's corona time!
        737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
          Is there a way to limit the number of decimal places in the Xstats to the same that I have in my program?

I have three decimal places in my program but six get sent to the Xstats.
          Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          NOPE. Sorry!
          If you go to |OPTIONS|SYSTEM OPTIONS| you can specify the amount after the decimal being displayed. DATAPAGE 3.33
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Both J-M & Roberto are correct, you can change what is shown in DP, however, it will not change the # of deciaml places in teh XSTATS11.TMP file NOR in DP.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Not sure why you would want to anyway.
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

For example.

The print may read a basic of 100. The model may read 100.000025. In the demon, when tolerancing a feature, 100.000 shows up, so i don't edit it to 100 but in the Xstats, it show up as 100.00025. Some are like this and some are not. If I could get all to three decimal places, I wouldn't have to edit every one just in case it's 100.00025.

I suppose I could change the decimal reading to 6 places and then all rounding issues will show up. Oh Well.
                sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Gotcha... I view the xStats file, or any data file like it, to be a carrier of data in it's purest form. Much like I would not round the data the CMM uses to calculate the feature sizes internally in the software. So the xStats file is just another data pipe from the CMM software to the SPC software.
                  Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment