Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid argument (error message) V4.0

Help

I have been having a problem getting the CAD image set up on a program.
    I keep getting this error message: (a .JPG is attachedthat shows the message)

Here is what I am doing; I have virtually no commands in the program, just the initial setup stuff. I am merging a couple of CAD files to create the image I need since our cad-jockeys can't seem to get it to me in a usable form.

The original customer data file is in catiaV5. What we do when we receive that is set up a directory on a secure folder and then create a .stp file, a UG file and an .igs file. They do this mainly so that I can pick whichever I need to get a program written. Sometimes PCD is a release behind Catia so I will need to use a different file type.

Sometimes the file I choose does not display all of the features I need or it may be that some surfaces don't display and then I can sort of cut and paste a cad file together in PCD deleting some stuff and merging an igs file with a stp or Catia file. I create layers so that I can easily turn them on or off as needed.

Well, here is what happened this morning: I snagged a few surfaces from the .stp file and then deleted the rest. Then I snagged the main body by merging in the original Catia file. Then I grabbed the Target Datum points from a different stp file (don't ask). Now I have been saving with a different name with each addition and everything is going hunky dory.
    Now I need to grab the pilots from a different version of the original catia file (again, don't ask). That comes in fine. I save immediately. I open it up and now I have to delete everything except the pilots. That works. I save and then when I try to open I get the invalid argument error.

Any clues?
    Last edited by John Riggins; 09-12-2007, 05:45 PM.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Hi John, why do you have to delete everything except the pilots. Cant you just turn the rest off?
    sigpic

Comment

Yea, that's what I ended up doing. I was hoping someone would know what was causing the error.
      Lately, it occurs to me
      What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment