PC-DMIS Cad vs. Cad++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-DMIS Cad vs. Cad++

I am trying to figure out what the difference is in the two versions. I am currently running 3.5 and 3.7 Cad.
    I am in the Areospace production (airplane parts). I am getting to use alot more Cad models.
    Is there more feature that would make it easier with Cad++ or is it mainly for Scanning.
    Just trying to see if I can build a basis to try and get Cad++ from the boss.
    All input would be great.
    Thanks
    B. Jacobs
    B&S Global 12.15.10

With CAD++ you get many more auto-features.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Greyed out icons? we have++
      sigpic

Comment

Get the power of ********'s marketing strategies behind you. Contact your sales rep and ask them that question. BTW, I am pretty sure that would be the same as mine, Mr. Steve Lee. PM me if you need his #.
        Last edited by Wes Cisco; 01-16-2008, 12:28 PM. Reason: missed a piece of punctuation.
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

I know Steve and asked him the same question. Here is what I got: PCDMIS CAD has seven basic autofeatures. CAD++ has those seven autofeatures plus nine more autofeatures plus more for scanning. I've tried to get management to upgrade to CAD++ since we bought the CMM with just CAD and they don't want to spend the cash.
          DeWain Hodge

Comment

CAD++ use to be called " Sheet Metal Options" also known as " Curves ans Surfaces". What do you produce? If it is sheet metal or platics it is well worth the money in time saved and accuracy of results.
            sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
              CAD++ use to be called " Sheet Metal Options" also known as " Curves ans Surfaces". What do you produce? If it is sheet metal or platics it is well worth the money in time saved and accuracy of results.
              It was worth it to me just for the Highpoint auto feature.
              Lately, it occurs to me
              What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

What I am gathering is this,
                Since I run areospace parts that have alot of different types of profile, it probably wouldn't do me any good.
                B. Jacobs
                B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

Keep in mind some features can be loaded by purchasing modules. Running custprog.exe in the pcdmis directory will tell you what you have and don't have. You don't always have to upgrade to get something.
                  I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                  PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                  PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                    Keep in mind some features can be loaded by purchasing modules. Running custprog.exe in the pcdmis directory will tell you what you have and don't have. You don't always have to upgrade to get something.
                    Help|About from within PCDMIS gives you the same thing without the hassle of finding custprog...

When did you get back on days?
                    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by B. Jacobs View Post
                      Since I run areospace parts that have alot of different types of profile, it probably wouldn't do me any good.
                      No, I would say it is to your advantage to.
                      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by B. Jacobs View Post
                        I will do you good if you have an elipse you need to measure. I'm running CAD and they keep bringing me parts with elipse on them. I think it would be much easier if I could make an autoelipse which is a CAD++ feature.
                        DeWain Hodge

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
                          It was worth it to me just for the Highpoint auto feature.
                          I agree with John. I do not have ++ but wish I did. I think that the auto highpoint feature would make it worth the money for the parts that we check.

Comment

I think I will try to put something together and ask for it.
                            I will call and see what the cost is.

Thanks for the input.
                            B. Jacobs
                            B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment