editing reports in ver 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing reports in ver 4.0

Could someone please upload the powerpoint presentation of "editing reports in 4.0" from the wilcox ftp. I don't know the size of the file so I hope its possible. If not, could you please private msg me and I will provide email address.
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Mike I can't find what you are talking about can you provide a link?
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes
      Mike I can't find what you are talking about can you provide a link?

NO sorry thats my problem too....no link

I heard about the .ppt file from the last usersgoup meeting

I really need to learn this to stop all the experimenting and wasting time

Comment

Mike,
        I got tech support checking into this very thing right as we speak. Let me know if you find something out before I do and vice versa.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rebeldude
          Mike,
          I got tech support checking into this very thing right as we speak. Let me know if you find something out before I do and vice versa.

I just received it from a friend at wilcox and it was zipped at 7megs which is too large to upload here

can your email at work accept it?

private msg me and we can try it

Comment

page numbers in report templates for ver4.0

Ok ....well I looked at the instructional file provided and didn't find what my first objective was....

I need to add a page count to each printed page of a multi-page report ( like it was before in other normal reports)

I often find that when printing to a network printer that someone else has messed with the original order of the pages when I retrieve my copies.

It would be nice to have page numbers in the report templates to make it easy to put them back in order.

I heard that "page ()" is available as an expression but I believe that it will only display the total amount of pages when queried ( is that correct?)

Any suggestions from the beta testers using 4.0???

Comment

Is this what you are looking for???

ftp://ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/Template%2...iningFinal.ppt

BS
              Windows 7
              Pc-Dmis 2015
              Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

Originally posted by Mike N.
                ...It would be nice to have page numbers in the report templates to make it easy to put them back in order.

I heard that "page ()" is available as an expression but I believe that it will only display the total amount of pages when queried ( is that correct?)

Any suggestions from the beta testers using 4.0???
                In v4.0 reporting, the =page() expression does work. I added a text box to the report and in the Properties dialog box for the Text property I used =PAGE() to get it to display (remember the = sign). One thing to be aware of is that in v4.0 this expression displays the page value as "1.0000" for page 1, "2.0000" for page 2, and so on. This has been fixed in v4.1 to simply display "1" and "2" and so on as expected.
                Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

thanks Jared

I will give that a try

Comment

Report page numbers

Hey Jared,
                    I'm new on this forum and new to 4.0. I tried the method you suggested for numbering the report pages and can't seem to get it to take. Can you edit the Graphical Analysis Template? Because when it asks if I want to save my changes it says it can't. Does this mean that I will have to create a whole new template if I want my pages numbered? I've tried doing a "save as" and naming it something different but can't get it as an added icon so that I can use it.
                    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                    Greg

Originally posted by JaredHess View Post
                    In v4.0 reporting, the =page() expression does work. I added a text box to the report and in the Properties dialog box for the Text property I used =PAGE() to get it to display (remember the = sign). One thing to be aware of is that in v4.0 this expression displays the page value as "1.0000" for page 1, "2.0000" for page 2, and so on. This has been fixed in v4.1 to simply display "1" and "2" and so on as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by JaredHess View Post
                      This works, but after you close your file and get back in again, you loose your TP calls.

In an earlier post, this was brought up and is verified to be fixed in V4.2.

Jan.
                      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by GTHILL View Post
                        Hey Jared,
                        I'm new on this forum and new to 4.0. I tried the method you suggested for numbering the report pages and can't seem to get it to take. Can you edit the Graphical Analysis Template? Because when it asks if I want to save my changes it says it can't. Does this mean that I will have to create a whole new template if I want my pages numbered? I've tried doing a "save as" and naming it something different but can't get it as an added icon so that I can use it.
                        Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                        Greg
                        Check your files. They are basically stored as READ ONLY. You first have to change that before you can start to save changes.

Jan.
                        PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                        Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment