Junior Programmer needed - Cambridge Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Programmer needed - Cambridge Ontario

We are looking to hire a junior programmer for our plant in Cambridge Ontario. Anyone interested please reply to my email address at work.
    Thanks
    Dan

[email protected]

nice company!

Comment

okay, everyone has checked it out.... not much for replies on the site... how about some input on wages.. what is fair for the area?

Comment

What is a junior programmer? What would he/she be responsible for?
        sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

I love the picture of the guy standing at the CMM's computer. He looks like he's about to go postal on PC-DMIS! Is that you Dan?

Comment

Whoever it is, it looks like he's bending over and reaching for some grape jelly........
            sigpic

Comment

No. Not me... I am to ugly to put on the website.

As to what they need to do.. I don't really expect to much at the start, most of PCDmis you learn by doing and being shown, so I guess a truely "green" person. We are willing to pay well for the right person.

Comment

So you are looking for a plate inspector who is ready to learn how to use a CMM as a new tool. If not, that is what you should be looking for. Find someone who can use a height gage and and a sine plate and you will never regret it. If you go for someone who is just puter savy you may regret it.
                sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
                  So you are looking for a plate inspector who is ready to learn how to use a CMM as a new tool. If not, that is what you should be looking for. Find someone who can use a height gage and and a sine plate and you will never regret it. If you go for someone who is just puter savy you may regret it.
                  Paul is correct, and if you can find someone that has some machining background better yet. With the type of work we do at our company it is a big advantage. The CMM operator/programmers I have hired that come from a machining background do much better than the ones that don't have any machining experience behind them.
                  Marty Dobson
                  Director of Quality
                  http://www.linkedin.com/in/mjdobson

PC-DMIS CAD V4.2 MR1 & V2011
                  PH10MQ
                  TP200

Comment

Relocation benefits??
                    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Sorry no relocation benefits.... but the wages are good, fun place to work, excellent benefits and paid overtime... I really am curious what everyone thinks is okay for a wage, I have a number in my head I just want to know if I am to high. Thanks Dan

Check out the website.

www.axistool.com
                      Last edited by dandrewsca; 01-15-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you are just looking for a monkey. Hard to give you a number without some type of job description.
                        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

For someone with the prior surface plate and/or machining background to make them a strong candidate for CMM trainee, I would say $16-20/hr (American), depending on cost of living in your area and years of experience. For someone already proficient at programming pc-dmis or a comparable language, more. IMNSHO. HTH (Hope This Helps)
                          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Thanks Wes for you input, I was thinking a bit more but at least I am in the right ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by dandrewsca View Post
                              Thanks Wes for you input, I was thinking a bit more but at least I am in the right ballpark.
                              Well as I said, it really depends on years of and quality of experience and cost of living in your area. There are many factors involved in what is a fair wage in your area; I have knowledge of only few of those factors, so my ranges should really only be considered a rough rule of thumb. BTW, that is starting wage with the expectations that they would receive substantial raises the first 2 or 3 years of employment if they take the job and run with it.
                              Last edited by Wes Cisco; 01-16-2008, 07:48 AM. Reason: remark about starting wage
                              sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment