Newbe programer simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbe programer simple question

I am very new to this and I am sure it's a simple answer, but at the moment it has me stumped. I am checking a part that is a rectangle shape with a hole in the middle of the part about 2.5" in diameter, the hole has a slot about .350 wide @ 12 o'clock. I am trying to make sure that the slot is in the center of the hole.

I do an alignment then and measure the hole, take four hits in the slot two on each side. Construct a slot, then ask for a distance from the left side of the part to the circle. That works fine, but when I ask for the distance from the left side of the part to the slot I get a number that I don't feel is right.

I then took gage blocks an put into the slot and measure across them and ask for the distance from the left side of the part to the centerline of the gage blocks and get what I belive to be the correct number.

What am I missing?

Can you post a drawing or sketch of the part?

I think what you are after is pretty straightforward but it depends on the part.

Comment

Originally posted by JLHUTT View Post
      I am very new to this and I am sure it's a simple answer, but at the moment it has me stumped. I am checking a part that is a rectangle shape with a hole in the middle of the part about 2.5" in diameter, the hole has a slot about .350 wide @ 12 o'clock. I am trying to make sure that the slot is in the center of the hole.

I do an alignment then and measure the hole, take four hits in the slot two on each side. Construct a slot, then ask for a distance from the left side of the part to the circle. That works fine, but when I ask for the distance from the left side of the part to the slot I get a number that I don't feel is right.

I then took gage blocks an put into the slot and measure across them and ask for the distance from the left side of the part to the centerline of the gage blocks and get what I belive to be the correct number.

What am I missing?
      You need at least 6 hits for a slot (3 hits on each side)
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

First of all, this will depend on WHAT kind of a slot you have. ROUND SLOT = 3 hits on each END (not the sides!) SQUARE SLOT = 2 hits one side, 1 hit on each remaining side, IF done using the autofeature square slot.

IF what you are checking is a circle with any kind of slot extending from the side of the circle, you wil need no more than 2 hits in the slot to orientate the part in either MANUAL mode or DCC, BUT you will want DCC, not just manual. IF ti is a round slot, simply measure a second circle at the end of the slot.

Last edited by Matthew D. Hoedeman; 02-19-2008, 08:11 AM.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I think he's trying to check that the slot is in line with the center of the circle. He wants to make sure he has the one on the left rather than the one on the right.
          Attached Files

Comment

What are your datums in your alignment? This may affect inspection technique.
            sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Measure two planes on each side in the slot.
              Create a plane symmetrical of these two.
              Check the distance from the hole center perpendicular to the symmetrical plane?
              PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

Without knowing your datum structure, I can see a way using an alignment to force it to appear centered, but I doubt that's what you're looking for. We really need to see how your datum structure is supposed to be.

Bill

Comment