Anyone else with a Mistral 7-7-5 or similiar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else with a Mistral 7-7-5 or similiar?

I was wondering, because I have one and when I'm trying to calibrate any angle where the probe needs to approach the sphere from the back(ie.A90B0) the probe head will rotate, begin to travel back towards the sphere, then it will fault out saying " TR_OUTOL,Machine Parameter out of Tolerance!"

I can MANUALLY jog the probe backbehind the sphere, switch to manual mode, then switch back to DCC and it will take its hits on the sphere, but when it goes to back up and move away from the sphere it will give me the same message.

I KNOW I have plenty of room for the head to travel, there should be no reason for the fault. I am wondering if there is a way to get around this manual methid of completeing my calibrations?

Oh, and this only happens with probes like my 4x50,6x50 etc... the shorter probes like 1x10, 2x30----the shorter ones.
    CMM Programmer
    Jackson Michigan
    Mistral 7.7.5
    4.3MR2

I have the same machine. I've only seen that when my sphere was near the back of the machine. It seems to me that the it is best to have the sphere near the middle of the machine. Due to the size of most of our parts, I can have 3 or 4 fixtures and the sphere on my plate at one time, so I rarely place it anywhere else. I have a Rayco plate that has made this much easier.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Ahh, yeah. My Cal.Sphere is near the back of the table (not the furthest back row,but the one right before it) unfortunately most of my parts are too big to move it closer.
      CMM Programmer
      Jackson Michigan
      Mistral 7.7.5
      4.3MR2

Comment

You can try changing the amount that it 'auto-moves' before and after. I think it defaults to something like 125mm, try changing it to 75. You may have to watch out for enough clearance for tip changes, but it might fix it for you. Mine is running right now so I can't tell you exactly WHAT it is called, but it is under the setup options of the probe utilities window.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I have the same size machine & Dmis ver3.7 MR2, I mount my calibratoin sphere on the centre hole of the second row of holes from the left and never got the " TR_OUTOL,Machine Parameter out of Tolerance!" error message before when calibrating probes. Maybe my machine was setup as Matt. said with the auto move points set up, at one stage I saw 85mm somewhere in the settings, but I cannot find it now, I will look some more and let you know.
          Last edited by McGyver; 05-15-2006, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I have the same machine. The qual-sphere needs to be near the center of the table or I run into the same issues.

BS
            Windows 7
            Pc-Dmis 2015
            Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

Blah........... Thanks guys.
              CMM Programmer
              Jackson Michigan
              Mistral 7.7.5
              4.3MR2

Comment