Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to start programing offline. The company I work for only has the one CMM (Xcel 7.6.5). Therefore we have one portlock. I have remove the portlock and installed it on a computer I can sit at to program (I'm lazy and have to stand @ CMM). The software installed fine and I moved a copy of my styli files, my comp file and the DOWNL.OAD file. When I start PCDMIS it tells me the "machine not responding", Duhh no machine. The problem is that I can't start a new program or open an old one. Is there a module that I'm missing? or am I missing something simple?

Thanks in advance,
    DeWain Hodge

That is the way it is if you have an 'online' seat. Online seats need to be connected to a machine and the machine must be turned on in order to use pc-dmis. If you want/need to program as you describe, you'll have to buy an offline seat (big $$$).

One more annoying thing that Hexamagon does.

Comment

If you do not have an "offline" license you have to be attached to a machine. There is no way around it anymore. in some of the early versions 3.2 or newer I think, there was a file you could re-name and it would work but now you have to have an offline license or be at the machine.
      Global FX 7-10-7
      Global Silver 7-10-7
      Microval PFX
      PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

OK, to do what you are trying to do, you can NOT be using a version NEWER than V3.5mr3. If you are using that version, all you need to do is re-name the INTERFAC.DLL file in teh Pcdmis install directory to ANYTHING else. It will then work in BACKGROUND editor mode.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

When you go open a file, down at the bottom, see if you have the "Offline" option in the "Interface" drop down menu.
          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Only way is as Matt wrote, 3.5 and Interfac.dll. You will have to SaveAs... version 3.5 all the Programs you want to work with.
            Some of nice things 4.2 can do lightly --> Forget

Comment

Load an older version for offline purposes, who cares, it will upconvert just fine, normally.

I use 3.25MR3 offline for all my clients offline programs, they work fine. There is the odd occasion that a crappy ver has a hard time with a cpl things, but its rare.
              Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by DeWain Hodge View Post
                I'm trying to start programing offline. The company I work for only has the one CMM (Xcel 7.6.5). Therefore we have one portlock. I have remove the portlock and installed it on a computer I can sit at to program (I'm lazy and have to stand @ CMM).

Thanks in advance,
                Don't remove the portlock. You still can do offline without being
                standing up
                sigpicIt's corona time!
                737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
                  Don't remove the portlock. You still can do offline without being
                  standing up
                  I don't see how. Without the portlock PCDMIS will not run and the station at the MCC you can only stand at.
                  DeWain Hodge

Comment