MOVE/ALL not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOVE/ALL not working

Refurb PFx with new FB2 controller running V4.2mr1 and cannot get the MOVE/ALL command to rotate the probe head. If I take out the MOVE/ALL command and insert MOVE/POINT it works OK but I do not want to edit every program I put on this CMM.

Anything I can change in the software to fix this?

TIA

Duane
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Have you been able to do teh MOVE/ALL on that machine/controller before? Not all controllers support that option.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

They just got the CMM in last week and this has not worked on any of the programs the have tried to run on this CMM. The progams ran fine when ran on the older CMM with a Sharpe22 controller. I was hoping for the possibility of a setting somewhere.
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

Don't expect PCDMIS to work "out of the box" on every machine. It seems to be tuned best for B&S machines. I found this out when we loaded it on our Sheffield Cordaxes. I had to edit EVERY program we run on them and change the MOVE/ALL to MOVE/POINT as well as remove all CIRCULAR MOVE commands. Oh, the Cordax will execute the CIRCULAR MOVE command. But by the time it takes all its points around a boss, you could wolf down a sandwich and drink a 12 oz Coke. BTW the sheffield MP30/35 does support a probe rotation during a move but PCDMIS doesn't know or send the right MLB command to make it work. Sounds like you've got a lot of editing to do...

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, the MOVE/ALL command also disables some kind of internal wrist safety detection until the MOVE/ALL is complete. Meaning: Good luck putting humpty dumpty back together if you crash. Just a warning.
          You have unleashed the fury!!!
          sigpic

Global (big) 3.7mr1 SP600

Comment

RESOLVED!!

His IT guy copied the PRB files into the wrong folder and he had no angles in his files....

All works great now that it has something to tell it what to rotate to...
            Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment