GETTING INFO OUT PC-DMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GETTING INFO OUT PC-DMIS

Is the a way to get a report to print in minitab form? We have been told by one of our customers that we have to submit all new PPAPs in minitab now. That means we have to redo our last 2 PPAPs. None of us here have any experience with minitab. If we can't do it with PC-DMIS, what about transfering data out of Datapage into minitab? I'm not sure if it can be done but I'm sure that I can get an answer here. Thanks
    2009mr1/4.2 mr1
    B&S EXCEL 9-15-9
    WIN2K

Tim,

I used minitab at my last job, we never had to do PPAP's w/ it but all my SPC stats were done in minitab. I sent all the data needed to datapage first. I would copy it out of datapage directly into minitab just by copy and pasting from a .txt file. Note that when you use datapage your data will be in column/row format so you have to copied it column by column. I got tired of coping all the data so I formatted everything into an excel format by writing macro's and formatted an excel file just like my minitab file. (I did this because I had to do the same thing multiple times) I could copy everything over into minitab at one time or only a couple of times. Setup you minitab PPAP first. If you do it this way save you datapage file as an .xls file. Hope this helps.
    PCDmis 3.5mr2 CAD++

Comment

If you were to contact MININTAB there is a module available for purchase that will allow PC-DMIS to send info directly to MINITAB(so says BNS).
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I've asked MiniTAB on that module, and no such thing exists. BNS should be supplying it if they have it. MiniTAB is powerful but a pain in the *** to interface with.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment