Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export Part Programs

Good morning,

One of the supervisors here wanted me to create a program with millions of little points to see if he could use them to create a sheet surface (or something like that) on the Unigraphics of a machine with PCDMIS software installed. I created the points, but I have no clue how to change the program file to an exportable/importable program file so that the supervisor can import the program to the machine.

I guess my first question is: Is it possible to change the program file to a stp. file or an iges file or whatever?

If so,

How do I do that? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    I feel a lot better now that I've lost my mind.

Global Activ
    PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

Originally posted by operator1 View Post
    Good morning,

One of the supervisors here wanted me to create a program with millions of little points to see if he could use them to create a sheet surface (or something like that) on the Unigraphics of a machine with PCDMIS software installed. I created the points, but I have no clue how to change the program file to an exportable/importable program file so that the supervisor can import the program to the machine.

I guess my first question is: Is it possible to change the program file to a stp. file or an iges file or whatever?

If so,

How do I do that? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    OK, first of all, millions of points will NOT work in UG. In fact, more than about 100,000 will totally bog UG down to slower than a 8088-speed CPU. UG just isn't made to handle points, let alone that many points. I know, we've tried it here.

Second, with the program open, go to FILE / EXPORT / choose your poison (iges, step, whatever) / choose a location and filename / click on EXPORT ? choose your alignment, and a few other options, and OK. You will now have a file for him.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Ok. Thanks.
      I feel a lot better now that I've lost my mind.

Global Activ
      PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

Comment