Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper Report editing

I need help.

I can not find the way to go back and edit the Hyper Report which was created before. And if I need to modify one I always have to recreate it from scratch.
    Am I missing something? Should be simple.

Thank you.
    N.

Put your cusor in the block where the hyper report is called out. Hit F9 to get the hyper report to show then hit Ctrl+E.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Be warned! If you are under an SMA and are planning to go to 4.0 and above, HYPER REPORT is no longer supported.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny
        Put your cusor in the block where the hyper report is called out. Hit F9 to get the hyper report to show then hit Ctrl+E.
        Thank you. Great help.
        N.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
          Be warned! If you are under an SMA and are planning to go to 4.0 and above, HYPER REPORT is no longer supported.
          It sucks. Why did they do that? I am using Hyper report to create set-up sheets (part orientation and manual alignment) for operators.
          Last edited by NikoM; 05-09-2006, 01:21 PM.
          N.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
            Hey Matt,

I heard it was "supported" in the sense that you can display Hyper reports just as usual but you can not create them. I was wondering if this is the case. I have not gone to 4.0 yet and not sure I will (I have it but..........). If you can not create does this mean the editor is gone. I suppose if you can not create then you probably can not edit. I use Hyper report all of the time so I was wondering how much of this is true.

Craig

Comment

Matt is totally correct. In order to edit a hyper-report you will have to save back to an older version once you begin using 4.0. I can't understand why they took the editting capability out of DMIS for 4.0 and up. What are the people that have used hyper-reports for hundreds of thousands of programs(like me) supposed to do? Go back and make "templates" and new reports for all these programs? Not me!!! Just goes to show how out of touch the companies get as they become larger and larger.

RANT...
              It reminds me of the 100th Anniversary for HARLEY-DAVIDSON....
              "We have a really big star for our main stage"
              Who was it? Elton John!!! I am pretty sure that the main demographics of the Harley-Davidson customers is not a *** male from England. I would have thought someone/group like ZZ TOP, ALLMAN BROTHERS, or BILLY JOEL. Nope we got Reginald whatsis name.

So the next fall I was at a ASQ seminar, they had a HD fella as the guest speaker, of course someone asked about HD's choice of musician and you could see how pixxed the HD guy was getting. He said well you don't understand how hard it is to line up stars for these types of things. I popped my hand up and said "yeah, but you had 100 years to plan for the event!!!" He didn't know what to say.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes
                Matt is totally correct. In order to edit a hyper-report you will have to save back to an older version once you begin using 4.0. I can't understand why they took the editting capability out of DMIS for 4.0 and up. What are the people that have used hyper-reports for hundreds of thousands of programs(like me) supposed to do? Go back and make "templates" and new reports for all these programs? Not me!!! Just goes to show how out of touch the companies get as they become larger and larger.

RANT...
                It reminds me of the 100th Anniversary for HARLEY-DAVIDSON....
                "We have a really big star for our main stage"
                Who was it? Elton John!!! I am pretty sure that the main demographics of the Harley-Davidson customers is not a *** male from England. I would have thought someone/group like ZZ TOP, ALLMAN BROTHERS, or BILLY JOEL. Nope we got Reginald whatsis name.

So the next fall I was at a ASQ seminar, they had a HD fella as the guest speaker, of course someone asked about HD's choice of musician and you could see how pixxed the HD guy was getting. He said well you don't understand how hard it is to line up stars for these types of things. I popped my hand up and said "yeah, but you had 100 years to plan for the event!!!" He didn't know what to say.
                As far as you know so much about 4.0:
                What's new and good at 4.0?
                What would be a reason to switch to 4.0?

Thank you.
                N.

Comment

I will not switch over to 4.0 until bugs have been worked out. The one that stopped me in particular was the fact that when a comment is introduced into the program, it begins cutting out stuff(dimensions) from your report. Some of the dimensions are simply not in the report while others are chopped off half-way. This has been reported to WILCOX and BNS. Until that is fixed I won't touch 4.0.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Keep this in mind, the hyper-reports you have are useable in 4.0 they do pop up when called but you cannot edit them.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I will not switch over to 4.0 until bugs have been worked out. The one that stopped me in particular was the fact that when a comment is introduced into the program, it begins cutting out stuff(dimensions) from your report. Some of the dimensions are simply not in the report while others are chopped off half-way. This has been reported to WILCOX and BNS. Until that is fixed I won't touch 4.0.
                      Get out of here! Comments screw up the report! I use comments in my reports all the time. I use them for displaying variables, operator inputs and all kinds of info for operators that is not on the print (like how much taper they have in their bores etc). I am thinking I'll never miss not going to 4.0.

Craig

Comment

I beleive James is correct. They did away with them in favor of the 'template' style. the fella at Bns said they would still 'run', but you would not be able to edit them in 4.0
                        the new style is pretty snazzy, not sure about creating though. Was told by BnS not to switch till 1st MR...
                        Kb
                        RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
                        sigpic

Comment

Keep this in mind, the hyper-reports you have are useable in 4.0 they do pop up when called but you cannot edit them.
                          The problem is that I am still planning to use them and create new ones for setting instructions for operators. I hope it going to be other way to do it. But it driving me crazy that I have to come up with new system and new methods...
                          N.

Comment

Originally posted by NikoM
                            The problem is that I am still planning to use them and create new ones for setting instructions for operators. I hope it going to be other way to do it. But it driving me crazy that I have to come up with new system and new methods...
                            Yes, there is a way to set operator instructions in v4.0. You can create Forms in a "Forms Editor" (see the View | Form Editor menu item), an environment that functions much the same as the previous HyperView Report editor. You can then insert your forms into the part program (see the Insert | Report Command | Form menu item) for setup and and operator instructions.
                            Last edited by JaredHess; 05-10-2006, 06:52 PM.
                            Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                            [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Originally posted by JaredHess
                              Yes, there is a way to set operator instructions in v4.0. You can create Forms in a "Forms Editor" (see the View | Form Editor menu item), an environment that functions much the same as the previous HyperView Report editor. You can then insert your forms into the part program (see the Insert | Report Command | Form menu item) for setup and and operator instructions.
                              Of course I may find this out if I ever choose to migrate to V 4.0 but I am goignto ask anyway. Do these "forms" behave they way Hyper reporting did in that can I add controls (objects) to them? I gather they are called "forms" to align more woth VB. If that is the case I may be prepared to call this a positive move, or at least a move in the right direction. It seams that was what Hyper reporting set out to do but was torn between a being a front end object (the way I was using it for set up instructions and operator inputs) and the way Matt is curious about it being, a back end object so-to-speak (reporting object). If this is the case then it does seem wise to separate the two functions.

Craig

Comment