Wierd mins with MAX_INSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd mins with MAX_INSC

I am trying to use the MAX_INSC type of circle, and the results are strange (PCDMIS4.2):

For instance, with a nominal circle of 13.48, I'm getting:
    MEAS - 13.611
    MAX - 13.651
    MIN - 1.962

1.962?????? This doesn't happen to all circles I'm measuring, some seem quite reasonable, but on most, this is waaaayyyyy off target.

Any ideas as to why these strange numbers are showing up?

Plus, what would the min and max show on this, as compared to a LEAST_SQR type of circle?

TIA

tweaks
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic... Arthur C Clarke

With MAX_INSC there should be no MIN. The circle is constructed from the three most inward points.

See what you get from the min and max with least squares and see if that makes sense.
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Thanks! I've been on the horn with Hexagon with on this. I'll pass your input along...
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic... Arthur C Clarke

Comment

Also, why, then, do I get some circles that make perfect sense on the min? For instance, one circle is:

Nominal: 38.9
        Meas: 38.874
        Max: 38.784
        Min: 38.748

Why would one look fine and the others whacky?

TIA

Comment

Check that last one... That particular circle is MIN_CIRCS. The only weird looking one is the MAX_INSC. Sorry - It's been hours on this one now. ;-/

Comment

Sorry, I can't explain that one. There is definitely something wrong with the calculations. Send that off to Tech.
            sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment