Simple Reporting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Reporting Question

OK, I'm new. Very new to PC-DMIS (v3.5). I'm just learning programming and having to learn on my own at work... no training program.

I can do simple programs, manual and DCC alignments.... and generate dimensions, but what I want to know is there a way that I can have PC-DMIS output the diameter of a measured circle (say for example a circle that was measured during the DCC alignment) and output with the rest of the generated dimensions at the end of the program so that I have ALL measurement results together in one area at the end of the program? I'm trying to minimize hunting through everything to find all the dimensions I need for my actuals recordkeeping.

Did I make that clear? Again I apologize... I'm new.

Also I was told that with 3.5, I can't just output the dimensions I want to report, I have to print everything in the edit window... true or false? Just seems to me that with a package the caliber of PC-DMIS, the writers would have thought that "hey, maybe the user would like to print out just the dimensions of the features he needs..." ????

Thanks!
    Kevin N. Thompson - Thompson Digital Image
    Quality Manager - Rj Link International

You can set it up to only print dimensions that are at a percentage of tolurance used and/or out of tolerance. Got to edit,Preferances,edit window layout. Then select report tab. you can set it there.
    Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

OK (again, I'm new) - When viewing the edit window in 'full report mode', I can see the dimensions that I generated (like distance from circle to circle) but I can't make it show the diameter of CIR 1 or CIR 2 in the report mode. I want to measure 2 circles, align on those circles, then in report mode, output the diam of cir1 and the diam of cir2 then the distance from cir1 to cir2.

???

(they didn't even give me a manual to work with here... sorry.... "help me obiwan, you're my only hope")
      Kevin N. Thompson - Thompson Digital Image
      Quality Manager - Rj Link International

Comment

Have you tried to print in report mode? What version are you using? In edit window layout, set it to print all, and see if that helps. I don't have much to go on here. When you tolerance your features, you select dimension location. Select the D for dia. If your alignment is locked in on one of the 2 circles that you have, you should be able to also tolerance the x or y to get the distance between them.

Comment

You will have to have 3 different dimensions one for each dia and then the distance
          Also from the edit window if you hit print you will get everything. swith to report mode first.. once you run the program from start as long as you have your print option turned on it will just print the dimensions.

file\printing\edit window print setup.... I use draft mode I don't need all the color
          sigpic
          if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

I'm guessing you've come from some other CMM software?

okay, there are two very common types of dimensioning in PC-DMIS...

1) (which it looks like you've discovered) is the 'Distance' option, which evaluates the distance between two features.

2) The 'Location' option [a square with a cross-hairs through it] this allows you to report (depending on current workplane) the x,y,z values of a feature from the datum, and also other options like diameter for circles and angle for cone, and length and width for slots.

edited to say : in terms of output, you have to make sure you're in the edit window mode (i.e. command mode / full report mode) you want to output before you go... file > print > edit window print options

i.e. when you set the print options and print it applies to the current edit window mode...
            Last edited by NinjaBadger; 05-09-2006, 07:22 AM.
            Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Thanks guys for helping him. Ive been up for a very long time. started at midnight. not my normal shift. Iv'e been trying to work on a large program and my brain is fried. Is it too earily for a beer?

Comment

You might also want to check to make sure that the dimension OUTPUT is set to BOTH (stats and print).
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by William Johnson
                  Thanks guys for helping him. Ive been up for a very long time. started at midnight. not my normal shift. Iv'e been trying to work on a large program and my brain is fried. Is it too earily for a beer?
                  It's never too early for a beer...
                  sigpic
                  Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                  PCDMIS 2012
                  Windows Office XP

Comment

"BEER, the breakfast of Champions!"
                    sigpic
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

How come I don't feel like one?

Comment

Here is a pic of my part.
                        Last edited by William Johnson; 08-02-2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Maybe it's because you haven't 'seen' the 'light' (beer) yet?

Dang, all the threads seem to be going to beer lately.
                          sigpic

Comment

Matt the reason why everything is going to beer, is that we are ALL DEPRIVED
                            When I get out of here at noon It will be ASAP

Comment

Is that a magnetic sine pale/base I see under the detail? IF SO, some tips (some tp20's, I think) do NOT like magnetic fields (but they DO like Sally Fields) and will not register hits and will cause crashes due to this. I could not see what probe setup you have, so I thought I would give you this warning BEFORE you crash.
                              sigpic

Comment