Need another set of eyes to look at program alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need another set of eyes to look at program alignment

Ok Ok this is quite humbling but If someone here has sometime could you please look this alignment over and see if you see something wrong. Having problems correlating at the customer.

Thanks for any advice.
    Attached Files

What is the correlation issue? Ill look but knowing what is not matching would make this quicker.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

do you have prehits on you circles? could you open up " show all parameters" and re upload it.
      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

I do have prehits on the circles. The program goes on to run a bunch of holes that for whatever reason some repeat and some don't. I guess my thought was that if something was tweaked it would be in the alignment..

Comment

How 'bout this

Try this for proper order of alignment and better organization. Also, change to YMINUS work plane before measuring any of the datum points.

A1 =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:A0,LIST= YES
          ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,YMINUS,PLN1
          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,PLN1
          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,DATUMBB
          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,DATUMBB
          ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,ZPLUS,TO,LINE1,ABOUT,YMINUS
          ALIGNMENT/ROTATE_OFFSET,30.766,ABOUT,YMINUS
          ALIGNMENT/END
          sigpic

Comment

Tip calibration . . .

After just briefly glancing over the program I noticed that your iterative alignment is done with one tool, while the rest of your part is measured with another tool. Are you sure that both tools are calibrated properly (related to each other), by not saying the qualification sphere has moved during the calibration of the second tool?
            sigpic
            Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment

Are you and your customer using the same or similar program, technique, probes, etc....What about redo the manual irriative alignment in DCC before the actuacl alignment and program.... Clamping pressure or fixturing differences???????????? Just some ideas. Good luck.

BS
              Windows 7
              Pc-Dmis 2015
              Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

[. The program goes on to run a bunch of holes that for whatever reason some repeat and some don't.

There is a remeasure box that may be checked, for those features that repeat, check if it is uncheck it.

Comment

Is this in inches or mm? If it is inches, the flatness of your level plane is not so good. I'd check to make sure you're getting good hits.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would have to agree with BSchwark. Start by making sure that both you and the customer have looked at the issue with the same set of eyes. I have done that many times. Sometimes it was me sometimes it was the customers methodology. Just briefly looking at you .doc, it looks ok.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Obey the Emporer....er....Pope.......er.......Emporer. Whoever. I have had to set customers (and suppliers as well) straight on vision system and CMM application/programming. In some cases (doesn't sound like yours though) it boiled down to drawing interpretation diferences. What kind of dialogue have you had with the customer, again what are the diferences? When you say does not repeat do you mean reproduce between you and the customer or do you mean it does not repeate when run repeatedly by you on the same machine/same .prg?
                      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I use a model so I was thinking not to worry about my workplane.

It is in metric so my points do not seem to bad for flatness.

My customer does use different software but we have discussed and agreed on depth values and number of hits in the holes.

I wonder about my issues with my probe itself. TP200 with a 6 by 90mm on it at A90 B180 I know that is pushing the envelope.

Thank you all for your thoughts!! Have an awesome weekend.

Comment

Need a little more info...

Originally posted by rangerboat72
                          After just briefly glancing over the program I noticed that your iterative alignment is done with one tool, while the rest of your part is measured with another tool. Are you sure that both tools are calibrated properly (related to each other), by not saying the qualification sphere has moved during the calibration of the second tool?
                          Actually, you have the same tool loaded twice. Why?

In alignment A2 you do not need the rotate to line1.

Is your customer measureing 47 hits for their plane?

What probe diameter is tool2a?

Is this part flexible?

Is the part square to the table? You have a depth of 12 on your datums.

Why not use remeasure on datum holes?

Just a few thoughts.
                          sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment

I gotta learn to refresh before posting.
                            sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyBluto
                              I gotta learn to refresh before posting.
                              You could wipe your face too.

Comment