using a cad model for program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using a cad model for program

When a cad model is used for programing - is the sequence of programing the same as a program without a cad model ?

First define some features on the cad model for a manual alignment- do the manual alignment on the cad model; then do the dcc alignment

Then program the features to be checked, report etc.

program is complete

then an actual part is put in place

You can do it that way. That is off line style.

You could put in on the plate and start with the putting the Part to Machine, Part Setup. Then do your alignment. Then start on face of the part click on all the Features you want to inspect, the run them,after that, make a Road Map in the graphics window, then delete the labels and change probe and sceen view and do the next side and so on and so on. If that makes any sense?
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Arnold View Post
      When a cad model is used for programing - is the sequence of programing the same as a program without a cad model ?

First define some features on the cad model for a manual alignment- do the manual alignment on the cad model; then do the dcc alignment

Then program the features to be checked, report etc.

program is complete

then an actual part is put in place
      don't forget cad =part at manual align
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJHVW93 View Post
        don't forget cad =part at manual align

I would never use CAD=Part. Use Iteritive alignment with Measure all always.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
          I would never use CAD=Part. Use Iteritive alignment with Measure all always.
          Paul,what is measure all allways never indulged in that one? I was thinking basic programming with model. I am here to learn ,but gotta go its beer o'clock.
          sigpic

Comment

Paul,what is measure all allways never indulged in that one? I was thinking basic programming with model. I am here to learn ,but gotta go its beer o'clock.
            Check out the PM I sent you

Comment

For the manual iterative alignment, I give it BIG tolerances so that (hopefully) it will not have to measure ANY of the manual features, then give it a TIGHT tolerance for the DCC iterative AND measure all always.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

thanks for the help

Comment