view of solid cad model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• view of solid cad model

I brought in a file made from a cad model in the offline mode. The part appears as a wireframe and I want the 3D solid view. Tried toggling the solid box icon in the toolbar but it seemed it had no effect. I s there another setting that I am missing?

Is your SURFACE icon 'available' or only the WIRE FRAME icon? You may ONLY have wire frame in the file.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

How do you tell if its available ? Its not greyed out and the changes appearance when its clicked on

Comment

Try going into view setup, and checking the Solid box
        If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
        Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

Comment

If there are NO surface entities in the file, the 'solid' sphere (V3.7 MR3) next tot eh wireframe sphere will be greyed out, if it isn't greyed out, then there must be surface in there somewhere. Make sure that all the level (layers) of data or being shown (edit ~ graphics display window ~ setup), that is where you makr the SOLID for the surface view to be solid as well. Then, after closing, do a fit-to-screen. You should see it now, IF there is any. However, some CAD packages (UG) make 'garbage' surfaces when exported as IGES and the solid will still look like wire frame.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Could not find the solid box to check that Snaggy mentioned - how do you get to this box to check?

Comment