Design Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Review

What groups in your organization does engineering involve in the design review?
    Quality
    37.04%
    Manufacturing Engineering
    66.67%
    Purchasing
    25.93%
    Everyone but the Receptionist
    0%
    Only the Receptionist
    0%
    No one
    22.22%
    Design Review! What is a Design Review?
    25.93%
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

managment, and engineers. Thats about it. trying to change that as we speak.
    RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
    sigpic

Comment

I say no one because I do not know who is involved. I just know Quality is not. I'm with Kev (kbotta) on that one, trying to change that as we speak.
      Perry
      B&S Mistral
      3.207 Beta on XP

Older'n dirt

Comment

Ahhh, the power of one...
        RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
        sigpic

Comment

Quality,manufacturing engineers and me ...the cmm guy
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob
            Quality,manufacturing engineers and me ...the cmm guy
            Are you guys hiring?

Comment

I know who is involved, I just question how the stuff that gets on drawings gets on drawings. The most usable thing on a drawing I had today was the gryo sauce I spilled at lunch!
              When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
              sigpic

Comment

This has always been an issue for us. Nobody but the M. E. and the tool room
                have any say in our Gage/Fixture design. We are also trying to change that.

We are trying to get a design review meeting together before each new project, with everyone's input. That would be a good thing, since the GD+T knowledge around here is few and far between (other than me and a couple other guys).

I guess it's like that everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by John Kugler
                  Nobody but the M. E. and the tool room have any say in our Gage/Fixture design. That would be a good thing, since the GD+T knowledge around here is few and far between (other than me and a couple other guys).
                  Do we work together?
                  When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by John Kugler
                    Nobody but the M. E. and the tool room have any say in our Gage/Fixture design. That would be a good thing, since the GD+T knowledge around here is few and far between (other than me and a couple other guys).
                    Originally posted by John Kingston
                    The most usable thing on a drawing I had today was the gryo sauce I spilled at lunch!..................................Do we work together?
                    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm gryos, How come I haven't ran into you guys at work?
                    craiger_ny
                    PC-DMIS Guru
                    Last edited by craiger_ny; 05-03-2006, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Project Managers and design. Thats why this place is Chaos! They used to include Quality and CNC, but they didn't like the truth!
                      rebeldude
                      Last edited by rebeldude; 05-04-2006, 08:51 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

They ususally don't ask me, but it doesn't really bother me that much. In the end, after the rejections and corrective actions, I have my say.
                        sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment