spc-light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spc-light

Running SPC-Light on three CMM's. Files are batch managed monthly. At the start of each month two of the CMM's(SPC Light) automatically create new files but the third asks what features do I want studied. Does anyone know what setting I need to activate to make SPC-Light do this automatically

Thanks in advance
    sigpic
    To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

Hi Joe,

What do you mean by batch managed monthly?
    Are you saying the data is stored for a month and then downloaded to SPC-Light in one go.

Comment

No the data goes straight to spc light after measuring. The way I've it setup is that at the start of each month spc light creates a new file and saves it under the part number and month name. This works fine for two of the cmm's, the third cmm will create a file but asks you to select the features you want measured. I reckon its a setting I need to tick somewhere that will prompt spc-light to do this automatically. Hope this makes it a bit clearer.
      sigpic

Comment

Have you tried drinking a beer yet? It seems to help with all of the other issues posted on this forum. Just a thought.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

craiger, do you do anything else besides pick your nose and drink beer? I sure hope so...

Comment

Just trying to fit in

Comment

204 posts since April...I don't think so.
              I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
              PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

What can I say? I love you guys. I must say I am starting to question my own usefulness here though. Oh well, lucky me we now have an off topic room.

Comment

Try "unchecking" the SDD interactive build in system settings. This will tell SPC Light to automatically run the data without asking which data to use. Hope this helps. Let me know if you figure it out.

Comment

I'm sorry, correction:

"uncheck" the Enable Interactive SDD Definition Imports box in system settings.

Comment

TH, thank you that worked. BTW I checked the other two CMM's that were running fine all along and that box is checked, strange.
                      sigpic

Comment

What are you using to communicate between the CMM and SPC light? Are you using a CMM client?

I am running a PC-DMIS CMM client to automatically transfer my data to the SDD file server.

Comment

Yep using the exact same as yourself. In the Startup I've the SDD server and PC-Dmis CMM client. I've no training on SPC Light so I'm figuring it out as I go along (or should that be ye're figuring it out for me).
                          sigpic

Comment