Native DMIS Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native DMIS Language

I am new with Murphy here in Tulsa, OK. I have never used PC-DMIS but I am very proficient with DMIS in its native form as raw text. Can you export and import DMIS programs into PC-DMIS. I have spent years writing programs offline in simple text format then loaded them with the associated file extension name. Can someone throw me a bone?

Warren

Originally posted by wjones View Post
    I am new with Murphy here in Tulsa, OK. I have never used PC-DMIS but I am very proficient with DMIS in its native form as raw text. Can you export and import DMIS programs into PC-DMIS. I have spent years writing programs offline in simple text format then loaded them with the associated file extension name. Can someone throw me a bone?

Warren
    You CAN import/export DMIS code from Pcdmis, at least it is in the list of available formats. How well it works.......

Well, Pcdmis programs do NOT export out to DMIS very well, UNLESS you are very careful in programming Pcdmis since it goes SO FAR BEYOND Dmis, but I THINK (mind you, I said THINK) that DMIS code will import without any issues.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I reciently recieved a program from a customer written origionally in PCDmis 3.7Mr3 and output in a DMIS format. It loaded just fine, but I eventually scrapped it because it had text and syntax in the program that I had no idea what it would do had I run it. I had them zip up their original program and send me the PCDmis program. So I do know that it will import and export DMIS, however I have no idea how it will run it.

Bill

Comment

WMS. Agree. I am able to import LK-DMIS and Virtual DMIS mostly without a problem.

Going back to these packages depends on how difficult I make the program. Generally, going from PC-DMIS to LK is not verysuccessful.

Jan.
        PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
        Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment