Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Output Sheet

Friends,

I have been working for some time to get an Excel output sheet that actually went to a format that needed very little if any formatting to have a dimensional results sheet that can be submitted to my customers.

Yesterday, when I was reading some of the posts, I couldn't help but be inspired by some of the things Matt was saying regarding this issue so I went back to work. After some toiling, I have come up with what I believe is pretty close to as good as it gets. I have got an Excel sheet which with the click of a button, will extract all of your nominals, +/- tolerances and your actuals from PC-DMIS and place them in the correct locations on an actual AIAG form. The other thing is that the form is the latest CFG-1003 form from the PPAP Fourth Edition Manual which was just released in March.

It uses alot of the same principles as the script on the Wilcox site, but, the difference is, you need to place a link to this sheet at the end of your program using the external program command. Once the sheet opens, you simply click on the button I have placed at the top right of the page.

I usually am not able to contribute much to anyone on the page because there are so many here that are well versed in using this software, but, when I can contribute, I try. I hope this will help some of my fellow users out, if anyone is interested, just drop me an e-mail at: [email protected] and I will be happy to send it to you.

Cya,
    Brad
    DCCFreak

Thanks for the report, it is very nice and I can't wait to play around with it. I'll share any modifications. I am thinking I could play around with the script and make it save itself with a file name the same as the part number concatenated with a date time thing to give it a unique file name. PCDMIS could run script code in it at the end of each program then you'd have a slick report out putted every execution (this is along the lines of being the type of thing I believe Matt has been working on except in this case it would all be done through code aka automatically). Again very nice when I get around to changing anything I'll definately share.

Craig
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I'd love to have a look at your excel spreadsheet. Please e-mail me at [email protected].
      Thanks again.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I'd like to take a look at any excel sheets or scripts .. just never know what you
        may find when your not even looking..
        sigpic
        if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Me too, me too, me too!! I'm always looking for that kind of stuff. Unfortunately some of my work got left behind at my last job and I miss some of it.

I wonder what other kinds of helps, sheets, etc. other folks have.

I'd bet it's a lot.

Comment

Thanks Much
            That Looks good .. think I'll use it for my everyday reports
            sigpic

Comment

I named it test32 and run the script it went right in. Just have to remember its only for 1 part thanks again
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I am sure I'll have chance to use your spreadsheet in the near future.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

If any of you have .BAS or other VBA scripts (such as this type of Excel Sheet) that you want to share with others, feel free to upload them to the Custom Script Repository. Any registered user of the WAI website can then log in and download them.
                  Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                  [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

One question, can you give play by play directions on the proper use? I tried inserting as external object and I got a VB error. Am I required to have either VB or the PC-DMIS object library resident on my computer? Just asking because on the CMM I'm trying this on I also had problems trying to use the Pcdmis2Excel wizard provided in the 4.0 release but I could use the wizard on my Chameleon CMM(it's busy right now so I thought I would try it on our LK retro-fit.

Thanks for any info provided.

Here is a little go/nogo calculator.
                    Last edited by JamesMannes; 08-03-2007, 09:27 AM.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

James,

Make sure that your PC-DMIS object library is checked. In order to do this, you need to open tools>macro>visual basic editor>tools>references. In the dialog box, you will need to find PC-DMIS 3.x object library. Highlight it and use the arrows at the right to move your selection up towards the top of the priority list just beneath the other checked items. Then make sure that you check that box and hit ok.

I have a friend right now that had that problem who is using 3.7 MR3, and he did exactly as I stated above, but, it gave him a different error when he hit ok and wouldn't keep his setting. I am by no means an expert on this stuff, but, if I figure out any fixes I will be sure to post them. I have already made a few slight modifications like adding a button to paste additional rows so you don't have to format them.

Once everything is finished I will post on the Wilox site.

Brad
                      DCCFreak

Comment

I got Dmis to open the excel file, but now I get a DLL failure. With regards to the PCDMIS object library, anyone have an idea of the way to correct my lack thereof? I spoke with the Tech support guys/gals when I was playing with 4.0 and they said the object library was found in 3.5 only? So, as this CMM has a new computer without 3.5 on it I installed it, yet the Pcdmis2Excel stuff in 4.0 still didn't work. I am having similar problems today with the excel script so graciously provided.
                        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

We were typing at the same time. I'll give your directions a try. Thanks.
                          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

James,

I sent you an email. I would like to see the sheet also.

Thanks
                            Last edited by B. Jacobs; 05-02-2006, 01:26 PM.
                            B. Jacobs
                            B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

James did you switch the excel macro to 4.0? I had to change them to use with 3.5
                              posted b4 I read second page
                              Last edited by T Miller; 05-02-2006, 01:24 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment