Intersection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intersection

Hi! I have problems constructing the corner points ... seems very simple , but it gives me headache! I have tried to intersect the lines with the circles but it wount work.
    Please help me!!

3.7mr2
    Attached Files
    :confused:..............:)

Originally posted by munga View Post
    Hi! I have problems constructing the corner points ... seems very simple , but it gives me headache! I have tried to intersect the lines with the circles but it wount work.
    Please help me!!

3.7mr2
    Won't work 'how'? Is it giving you the wrong point? If so, construct a circle OPPOSITE to the one you measure (yes, try it). If that doesn't do it, construct a flipped line and try that. There are 2 intersection points for a line and a circle where the line touches the circle but is not tangent to it. You just have to flip features until you get the one you want.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      Won't work 'how'? Is it giving you the wrong point? If so, construct a circle OPPOSITE to the one you measure (yes, try it). If that doesn't do it, construct a flipped line and try that. There are 2 intersection points for a line and a circle where the line touches the circle but is not tangent to it. You just have to flip features until you get the one you want.
      the "point" that PCDMIS creates is at the first intersection. kinda like shooting an arrow and the first point of "piercing" the circle is where you will get your "point"

like Matt said....create a line in "reverse" (flipped) of the line you have and then do the intersection...result will be what you are looking for

HTH
      Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
      sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
      Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        I constructed an oppposite circle, and it did it! Can't understand why i have to do it but...

Thank you for the music, the songs you're singing
        Thanks for all the joy you're bringing
        So I say thank you for the music
        For giving it to me !

3,7mr2
        :confused:..............:)

Comment

Originally posted by munga View Post
          I constructed an oppposite circle, and it did it! Can't understand why i have to do it but...

Thank you for the music, the songs you're singing
          Thanks for all the joy you're bringing
          So I say thank you for the music
          For giving it to me !

3,7mr2
          It has to do with INTERNAL code that you can not see. A circle has 3 'vectors', the surface vector, the angular vector (both of which can be seen) and a vector for the direction of measurement (CW or CCW).

IF you start at the XYZ nominal, then move along the angular vector, THEN follow the measurement direction, that is how Pcdmis determines the intersection point, the first one it comes to following this 'path'. When you make the opposite circle, the path goes the other direction so it finds the other intersection. At least, this is what I think it does...........

Same for the line. Remember, a line has no ends, but it does have a direction. I am not sure where it 'starts' to 'see' the path for the line, but depending on where the 'start' is and the direction it goes will determine the first intersection point it finds.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment